Where to buy TI parts?

Just a question regarding suggested places to buy parts for the 99/4A.  I have a unit with a Mitsumi membrane keyboard that does not work.  I'd love to buy a working keyboard.  I do not see any on ebay.  If you know of a good place to buy from, or have a spare for sale, please let me know. 

I saw that!  Very interesting and a nice upgrade.  But I have no interest in another project.  I know that it will just sit around undone for a long time. 

It feels like all options are more expensive than just buying another complete TI computer. 

40 minutes ago, RickR said:

I saw that!  Very interesting and a nice upgrade.  But I have no interest in another project.  I know that it will just sit around undone for a long time. 

It feels like all options are more expensive than just buying another complete TI computer. 

True, the new stuff, especially when completely pre-built will cost you.  The older I get, the less I'm inclined I am to do any projects.

<<< My YouTube Page >>>

1 hour ago, OniDensetsu said:

I got some spare parts, ic's & stuff. I dont have any Mitsumi keyboards though just the other ones.

Honestly, those other ones would probably be a better and far cheaper solution for @RickR than the new fancy keyboard.  Over the decades the main point of failure on the other keyboards has been the flat ribbon cable or wired connections, and only because it's a weak point due to disassembly.  The switched TI keyboards have been pretty reliable, even after 43 years.

<<< My YouTube Page >>>

18 hours ago, OniDensetsu said:

Im not sure how much shipping will be. Its definitely getting shipped in a box & im on the east coast so just hit me with an offer RickR. 

I'm on the west coast.  I imagine shipping via USPS ground would be somewhere in the $12 range, which is fine (I mean to say I'm willing to pay whatever shipping costs).  But since I don't see any kind of prior sales on these on ebay, I don't know what to offer you for the keyboard itself.  No idea, and I don't want to lowball. 

12 hours ago, - Ω - said:

Don't forget to post a photo of your refurbished TI!

OK, nothing too exciting to see, but here it is.  Keyboard replaced, homebrew composite cable in action.  This will become my "backup" console.  Thanks to Oni for the keyboard, it works perfectly. 

447591359-10211962532414345-818503039747