2600 Plus 7800 Crossbow

Does anyone have an Atari 2600 Plus and have the 7800 version of Crossbow? I bought a copy of 7800 Crossbow and it shows on the official Atari compatibility list that it Passed to be played on the 2600+. When I insert my version, it takes a longer time to load, and the title screen appears, but there's no sound. The graphics are blocky, and the screens work but the picture is not all there. The 2600 version of Crossbow works. I cleaned the 7800 version and it still does the same thing. Tried different charging cables, used three different controllers, had one plugged in, two, used each port separately. Nothing. I wonder if it's possible that it really isn't compatible? I did update the first version of the Atari Age Firmware when it was available, but not any of the latest versions. I'm just curious to see if anyone else has this problem, or is your copy working fine? I don't have an original 7800 to try it out on. 

15 hours ago, Cryptocoffee13 said:

Does anyone have an Atari 2600 Plus and have the 7800 version of Crossbow? I bought a copy of 7800 Crossbow and it shows on the official Atari compatibility list that it Passed to be played on the 2600+. When I insert my version, it takes a longer time to load, and the title screen appears, but there's no sound. The graphics are blocky, and the screens work but the picture is not all there. The 2600 version of Crossbow works. I cleaned the 7800 version and it still does the same thing. Tried different charging cables, used three different controllers, had one plugged in, two, used each port separately. Nothing. I wonder if it's possible that it really isn't compatible? I did update the first version of the Atari Age Firmware when it was available, but not any of the latest versions. I'm just curious to see if anyone else has this problem, or is your copy working fine? I don't have an original 7800 to try it out on. 

Apparently it would seem that there are two versions that were released and it seems most folks are getting the version that does what you describe. I have the 7800 game physically on cart and it has actually worked properly for me on my 2600+ since day one I got it. So yes, this has been reported but apparently not yet corrected. Not sure if the newer experimental FW releases have addresses this with 7800 Crossbow yet.

I can also say that the version in Trebor's 7800 ROM pak works on the 2600+. But the only flash cart that works on the 2600+ that I'm aware of is the no longer available Dragon Fly. 

But yes, this is a known issue and it would seem it is because the version that Atari used similar to the one I own is a different revision either in code or hardware that is the issue.

See what I'm up to over at the Ivory Tower Collections: http://www.youtube.com/ivorytowercollections