Join the World of Atari!

Sign In or Create Your Atari I/O Account to join the party! Membership is always free! Gain full access to an amazing new retrogaming community with UNLIMITED member features, weekly high score championships, and prizes. Join other friendly retrogamers as we celebrate nostalgia & classic games, from Atari to Nintendo, Sega, TurboGrafx-16 and beyond!

Photo

Escape From The Planet Of The Robot Monsters: Commodore Amiga

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 MaximumRD

MaximumRD

MST3K Fan

• 1,115 posts

Posted 14 November 2016 - 06:06 PM

Great video on this title, I subbed!  ;)

• The Professor, DeLorean, Greyfox and 1 other like this

Bah-weep-Graaaaagnah wheep ni ni bong.

I am Rob aka MaximumRD aka OldSchoolRetroGamer
and THIS is my world http://about.me/maximumrd
ON the FACEBOOK? Well have I got the Classic Gaming / Computing group for you!

;) https://www.facebook...ximumrdclassic/

#2 Lost Dragon

Lost Dragon

Banana Member

• 2,942 posts

Posted 14 November 2016 - 07:32 PM

Great video :)

He's picked the best home version of it to cover as well (not that the ST version was poor,just that the Amiga version is superior, sadly let down by that odd scrolling method though)...as whilst Teque did a steriling job converting the game to the likes of the C64, 128K ZX Spectrum etc, too much had to be lost at times to get conversions done.

If anyone's looking for info a la making of Arcade version:

http://forums.atari....de-atari-games/

• Greyfox likes this

#3 DeLorean

DeLorean

• 385 posts

Posted 20 November 2016 - 05:48 PM

Who couldn't LOVE Amiga? I grew up with Lynx and Jaguar and Amiga feels a lot like those to me. They had some of the same games too. I think Amiga had the best looking games and the most fun games of its generation. 

• MaximumRD, Greyfox and Lost Dragon like this

#4 Lost Dragon

Lost Dragon

Banana Member

• 2,942 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 12:38 PM

Yep you have Ex-Amiga engineers, R. J. Mical and Dave Needle, behind the Lynx, plus a stack of coin-op conversions as well as Amiga(and ST) games appearing on... Lynx:Viking Child, Switchblade II, Lemmings (i find Amiga/ST versions work better than Lynx version due to mouse control), Xybots, APB, Xenophobe, Desert Strike (The Amiga versions sound is amazing, espically hooked up to a decent hi-fi set up), Super Off Road, Klax,Toki, Cyberball etc... Amiga versions of:Roadblasters and Pacland are very dissapointing compared to Lynx versions, Stun Runner is simply awful on Amiga, LYnx had only decent home version... And of course Chips Challenge was converted from Lynx to Amiga. Jaguar wise, off the top of my head... Zool 2, Theme Park, Cannon Fodder (Amiga version i found more playable with the mouse), Syndicate, Flashback, Brutal Sports Football, Pinball Fantasies, Sensible Soccer, Worms.... Then coin-op conversions like Primal Rage... Microprose had at least started converting Gunship 2000.... Baldies on Jag CD/Amiga

• Greyfox likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users