Join the World of Atari!

Sign In or Create Your Atari I/O Account to join the party! Membership is always free! Gain full access to an amazing new retrogaming community with UNLIMITED member features, weekly high score championships, and prizes. Join other friendly retrogamers as we celebrate nostalgia & classic games, from Atari to Nintendo, Sega, TurboGrafx-16 and beyond!

Photo

SOLD Magnavox Odyssey 2 and 3 games

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 RickR

RickR

The Don

• 5,419 posts

Posted 20 May 2018 - 11:37 AM

I want to list this here before I go to the Atariage marketplace or ebay to see if anyone has interest.  It's a fully working Magnavox Odyssey2  with three game carts.  It comes with power adapter, but no RF adapter (a normal modern screw-in type works, as does any old Atari slider switchbox).

When I got this console, one of the controllers was cut off.  I very carefully soldered each wire back together and individually heat-shrinked each wire.  I then covered that with duct tape.  See the picture.  It is ugly, but works perfectly.

Given all that, I'd be happy to sell it to someone here for only $20 + shipping. 

Please PM me!

Attached Thumbnails

• Odyssey 2 001.JPG
  • Odyssey 2 002.JPG
  • Odyssey 2 004.JPG
  • Odyssey 2 006.JPG
  • Odyssey 2 007.JPG

Edited by RickR, 13 September 2018 - 12:29 PM.

• MaximumRD, Atarileaf and nosweargamer like this

#2 MaximumRD

MaximumRD

MST3K Fan

• 1,091 posts

Posted 20 May 2018 - 03:25 PM

Ah so tempting but I just cannot justify it at this point in time. One I always wanted but more because "I NEVER HAD ONE" lol. Very nice though and thanks for offering here first RICK ! Somebody should grab this deal! 

Bah-weep-Graaaaagnah wheep ni ni bong.

I am Rob aka MaximumRD aka OldSchoolRetroGamer
and THIS is my world http://about.me/maximumrd
ON the FACEBOOK? Well have I got the Classic Gaming / Computing group for you!

;) https://www.facebook...ximumrdclassic/

#3 RickR

RickR

The Don

• 5,419 posts

Posted 20 May 2018 - 05:11 PM

One thing I should mention is that the "fixed" controller is #2.  For most 1 player games, you'd be using the "good" one. 

• MaximumRD likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users