Case-less Gaming Computer

Atari 5200 Guy

Thanks to RickR for the computer motherboard donation.  And power supply, optical drive, and the SATA cables.  Without the donations this would not be possible.  I ended up with a great gaming computer without a case.  That and a graphics card upgrade are going to be my New Year's resolution. 

In the meantime I spent about two hours trying to figure out how to piece stuff together just enough to hold up until then.  What I came up with was poster board and hot glue...and a whole lot of imagination.  I guess all of those childhood years playing with LEGOs paid off.  Not pretty but it won't overheat.

IMG_20191230_233522.thumb.jpg.11b333134bb23466b94e30f7339f0bee.jpg

Nothing is fastened down.  All I did was cut pieces of poster board to help hold things where I wanted them.  My biggest restraint was the power supplies cords as they did not leave room for much play or ideas.  But, it works for now and I can pick it up and move it if/when I need to.

I even got the plate on the rear mounted.  Held in place with tape to poster board so I can remove it easily when I get a case.  I like it.

IMG_20191230_233540.thumb.jpg.5b8e0602d5f0bfea292683b92846577a.jpg

Hard drives were a bit of a challenge as mounting screws were way too short to go through poster board and the mounting holes on the drives.  So...this is what I came up with.

IMG_20191230_233551.thumb.jpg.056aafddd70ff03647399b3d446e49ae.jpg

Nothing fancy but it works.  We now return to our regularly scheduled gaming already in progress.