Hot Wheels - If You Could Choose Just One

Atari 5200 Guy

I hope this topic belongs with the Classic Toys section.

I knew about the Twin Mill Hot Wheels model car.  It's one of my favorites.  But I never knew this:

And after watching a few more videos it's official.  Mattel Hot Wheels designers went so far to have Twin Mill made into a real car.  Dual Motors, Dual Transmissions, cranking between 1,200 to 1,400 HP.  Which brings me to my question.

If you could choose just one Hot Wheels car to be turned into a real car which one would you pick?  Of course there is a rule...it has to be a Hot Wheels originally designed model.  It can't be a licensed replica.  It has to be what are called "fantasy" cars.  These are cars that were made up for die casting and don't exist (or were not intended to exist) as real cars.

My pick is a newer model:

HW Night ShifterThis is Night Shifter and I would pick this one because of looks.  It's got that mixture of classic car look with a modern flare.  Exposed motors on modern cars is rarely seen these days.  At least not in my area.  I also love the metallic blue stripes that is a mixture of tribal and racing and can only be seen when the light hits the car just right.  This is my favorite modern HW model.

I could see this car haulin' butt around a race track with the wide wheel base helping the car corner like a dream, taking turns at higher speeds than most cars.  Custom suspension system allows for a solid but comfortable ride.  No more feeling bumps in the roads...this ride is as close as one would get to a magic carpet ride.

This would be my pick and I look forward to hearing what others would pick.  Remember...originals only.  No Nissan, Dodge, Ford, Chevy, or any other licensed brands allowed.  

1 hour ago, RickR said:

Oooh, this is tough.  Most of my favorites are based on real cars.  For example, the Chevy Nomad Wagon.

Given the limitations, I'd do with something like this.  It's gold and black and looks good.

s-l640.jpg

My favorites are based on real cars, too...but those already exist in the real world.  The idea is find an original Hot Wheels car, that's an original HW concept, that a HW collector would like to see be made into a real car.  It was tough for me as well but I enjoyed the challenge.

I like that HW car!