Android Smartphone (Games) - Free & Without Advertising

- Ω -

At present I know of only one FREE GAME WITHOUT ADVERTISING in the Play Store, and that being "PARSEC RELOADED" which is arguably the BEST game that Texas Instruments ever made for the TI-99/4A.  I've tried other games, but the advertising or pop up screens drive me totally nuts, so I end up deleting them.  Now I don't know if you are like me, but I tend to only want free games because I may only play them once every couple of months if I'm bored and away from home.  So the question is:

Do you guys know of any other games available in the play store that are devoid of all the garbage like PARSEC RELOADED?

<<< My YouTube Page >>>

One option is Argon on Android devices to play retro games.  As for Android games that are free without ads, that's harder.  Most require you purchase them to get rid of ads.  Even Tetris has ads, but you can get rid of them by making a purchase.  I think it's getting harder to find games without some kind of ad.  But you can use emulators for retro games.  🙂

🖖 Going to the final frontier, gaming...

15 minutes ago, TrekMD said:

One option is Argon on Android devices to play retro games.  As for Android games that are free without ads, that's harder.  Most require you purchase them to get rid of ads.  Even Tetris has ads, but you can get rid of them by making a purchase.  I think it's getting harder to find games without some kind of ad.  But you can use emulators for retro games.  🙂

I wouldn't mind setting something like that up if I knew which one to use.  Honestly I don't have the time to waste downloading, trying and deleting multiple emulators to find "the right one".  You guys here are the gaming experts, certainly not me, so I'll take your recommendation and go for it.

<<< My YouTube Page >>>

On 10/17/2023 at 8:45 PM, TrekMD said:

There are a couple for the 2600 that are pretty good, however, I recommend Argon because it plays a mix of games and you don't have to download binaries. 

@TrekMD thanks for the heads up on Argon.   I installed it on my cell phone and played a few games of the Vectrex version of Lunar Lander.  I crashed most of the time, but I did make one successful landing.  I think I'll keep it just in case I ever 'need' to keep myself occupied away from home.

<<< My YouTube Page >>>