OutRun! The ST port for Atari Jaguar!

walter_J64bit

I've always wanted to see Out Run on the Jaguar. I have one of the highest scores of all time on the arcade version performed in public. I hope to see this make some progress, this looks like a direct port of the Atari ST version which isn't as appealing as the Genesis version. With some more time this could be be excellent. If it's simply the ST version I'll pass on this but encourage them to keep working on it.

On 11/26/2023 at 2:21 AM, Justin said:

I've always wanted to see Out Run on the Jaguar. I have one of the highest scores of all time on the arcade version performed in public. I hope to see this make some progress, this looks like a direct port of the Atari ST version which isn't as appealing as the Genesis version. With some more time this could be be excellent. If it's simply the ST version I'll pass on this but encourage them to keep working on it.

Check this out, quite promising in my opinion:

Hope to see it finalized some day...

1 hour ago, phoboz said:

Check this out, quite promising in my opinion:

Hope to see it finalized some day...

That actually looks really really nice, especially the scrolling backgrounds.

It was always my belief that Atari put too much emphasis behind the 3-D aspects of the Atari Jaguar (undeniably what was coming next) but didn't build enough on 2-D gaming. Neo-Geo and others offered incredible 2-D arcade experiences, and that was an arena Atari could've shined in had they wanted to. Even bringing Pit Fighter over to the Jaguar as a launch title with great sound would have been terrific. 

Exactly. It's actually a wonder they licensed Raiden 😄. But Pit Fighter would indeed have been a very welcome addition to the early Jag lineup.

Regarding Outrun on the Jag: It is the ST port, only the music got an upgrade. Which is a pity, as I think that version is next to unplayable, but I guess he won't refine it, as it was something he did for a friend of his (as far as I read), so he will not touch that again.

Nitro looks pretty nice, but the video is already two years old, so I won't get my hopes up too much.