Rocketeer: Rebounced! for Atari Jaguar

TrekMD

I've not seen this posted here.  It should be of interest...

The little Rocketman is back for another adventure! Unfortunately, his jetpack malfunctions and he bounces around constantly!  Guide our little hero through dangerous environments filled with all kinds of hazardous traps and goodies. Collect power ups and treasure chests, but avoid falling down! Rebounced! is a new fresh take on the C64 classic "Bounder" for the Atari Jaguar.  Its is set to release some time in 2024.

Features:

- New take on "Bounder", a C64 classic from the 80s

- Hundreds of animated tiles and sprites

- Colorful pixel graphics

- Parallax scrolling backgrounds and hardware scaling effects, smooth 60FPS

- Over 15 levels (planned)

Follow the game at:

AtariAge forum:  Announcing - Rocketeer: Rebounced!

or itchio:  Rebounced! WIP by Reboot games

🖖 Going to the final frontier, gaming...

1 hour ago, TrekMD said:

So, I found a video of the C64 games that inspired this Jaguar game and it uses the same view...

That view is a whole lot better as it is pulled back more. The jag one is zoomed in to much not allowing you to see much of the play field and the character gets to big. So tilting the camera back to a 3/4 view would allow the player to see more of the field. Or, just zoom the camera out.

Looks like fun! 🙂

On 1/22/2024 at 10:36 PM, tbs123456 said:

The view on this just seems off. Like it should be tilted back at a 3/4 type view and the guy needs a few more frames of animation. It does look interesting though.

On 1/23/2024 at 7:06 PM, TrekMD said:

It's still in early development, so hopefully they fix the zoom or change the angle. 

I think even scaling the playfield as he bounces up and down MODE 7 style would really make it feel less, I don't wanna say disorienting, but more pleasing to the eye/natural.

Free to download--> Carrot Kingdom™- :atari_2600: - Released 5/11/2021

I played the demo a few times now and wish the scrolling was faster. Also, sometimes it felt like the detection of where a hole is, for example, was not working that precise. But hey, maybe that's just me sucking at the game. I kinda like the concept, but so far, I would not play it again, to be honest. It feels a bit dull to me, but we'll see how much will change in the finished version. I look more forward to "Jumping at Shadows"