TI SAM's card - Damn! - Nothing lasts forever I guess...

- Ω -

I've had minor trouble with all of the memory expansion boards I've tried on TI.  It feels like the timing has to be just right for it to work.  For the three solutions I've tried, all of them were finicky and may not work correctly upon first booting.  Usually, a few reboots fixed them.  Also, cleaning the expansion card connectors helps. 

11 hours ago, RickR said:

I've had minor trouble with all of the memory expansion boards I've tried on TI.  It feels like the timing has to be just right for it to work.  For the three solutions I've tried, all of them were finicky and may not work correctly upon first booting.  Usually, a few reboots fixed them.  Also, cleaning the expansion card connectors helps. 

Thanks, I'll try that when I get the time, it might be a week or two though.

4 hours ago, RobertLM78 said:

This a "contemporary" SAMS or a "vintage" one?  Wonder if it's just a matter of a bad RAM chip....

It's not a vintage board, it one of the first batch Ksarul made.  I'll switch it out for one of my original 32K boards and retest and while it's out of the box I'll clean the contacts. 

<<< My YouTube Page >>>