Atari Jaguar on Steam Deck! BigPEmu Emulator Review and Setup Guide!

MaximumRD

Does anyone here own a STEAMDECK? I don't sadly but I am still fascinated by it and this recent video gets into another great use for it, EMULATION! 

VIDEO DESCRIPTION - 

Atari Jaguar emulation and Atari Jaguar CD emulation took huge strides in 2023 with BigPEmu, the best Atari Jaguar emulator...and today you can play Atari Jaguar games on Steam Deck with EmuDeck 2.2 and BigPEmu! SO let me show you how to get it set up! 

When enough of you keep asking me for the SAME THING I try to listen...so here we go; Steam Deck coverage! But of course this is a retro gaming channel so it's not like we are going to talk about modern PC Gaming on the Steam Deck...we are going to talk about the new updates to EmuDeck as we now have EmuDeck 2.2 with Sega Model 3 emulation via the Supermodel Emulator, Sega Model 2 emulation with Model 2 emulator, More Dreamcast and NAOMI emulation with the Flycast emulator and Atari Jaguar emulation with BigPEmu!

I am Rob aka MaximumRD aka OldSchoolRetroGamer and THIS is my world http://about.me/maximumrd

"For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday."

- M. Bison

I also don't own a steam deck, but I think it's a really cool concept. 

But on the topic of emulation, I've tried so many different types of stand-alone emulation and end up disappointed in some way most of the time.  Batocera Linux is my latest attempt, and it seems to be working OK.  But little issues like how 7800 emulation puts the reset button as the triangle on a PS3/xbox controller by default.  So you're having a great round, and go to hit hyperspace except you hit the wrong button and OH %!#$&!  RESET!  Exact same issue on PS1 Classic mod.