TI-99/4A related "tweaked images"

scott-adams.jpg.717f5c1bd1838db68bf4d7e7f48b0d76.jpg

I like to do them myself. This one is a stumper for me. I think the issue is all the color gradients.

See what you can do with it. P.S. I know there is a better version with TI stuff at the bottom (This picture was used for each computer, Atari 400, TI, C64) but the bottom part had the specific computer info) but I cannot seem to find a better source picture.

Do you accept the challenge? LOL

I've done a few buttons for the TI Faire. Now if you look close you will see that these were originally box covers and I fleshed out the left and right sides to fit the button. This involved a ton of work and I actually had to recreate tghe missing artwork by cutting and pasting existing art and then filling in the missing gaps. Yes the resolution is not very high but since these were meant for 2 inch buttons they look great in that size 🙂

TIInvadersButton.jpg

TunnelsOfDoomButton.jpg

Edited by John Behnke

On 5/6/2024 at 8:07 AM, - Ω - said:

Sometimes you have an old TI-99/4A image you would like enhanced, other times you have an image you've already enhanced.  If you have an image of a before you would like modified, or an after image you just want to show off, post them here!

nGUinN1.jpeg

This looks fantastic! I can't believe how clean you were able to make it. Great work!

7 hours ago, John Behnke said:

scott-adams.jpg.717f5c1bd1838db68bf4d7e7f48b0d76.jpg

I like to do them myself. This one is a stumper for me. I think the issue is all the color gradients.

See what you can do with it. P.S. I know there is a better version with TI stuff at the bottom (This picture was used for each computer, Atari 400, TI, C64) but the bottom part had the specific computer info) but I cannot seem to find a better source picture.

Do you accept the challenge? LOL

Best I can do...

BwSK61O.png

<<< My YouTube Page >>>

Wow I am impressed. Is this a trade secret or can you give me a hint on how you cleaned them up? Are you painstakingly painting like areas with a fill routine? That's what I usually do but you run into issues with dithered areas. I have not figured out how to do that yet.

Thanks again!

10 hours ago, John Behnke said:

Wow I am impressed. Is this a trade secret or can you give me a hint on how you cleaned them up? Are you painstakingly painting like areas with a fill routine? That's what I usually do but you run into issues with dithered areas. I have not figured out how to do that yet.

Thanks again!

I use a combination of three separate programs.  One to resize, another for manual control over settings and another for manual editing.  My eyeballs are my main judges of what looks good.   Got another?

<<< My YouTube Page >>>

This should keep you busy for awhile 🙂

Thanks for doing this. These look so much better after you finish with them!

If you want, I'm still working on cool designs for button for the fair. The buttons are 2.125 in diameter but I can resize anything you submit.

I'm also doing fridge magnets which I'm using 6" x 4" magnet sheets and cutting them down from there so any designs you can fit on that size will be great. I'm aiming for 3-4 magnets per sheet.

BTW please don't feel obligated to do any of this. I just figured if you were bored 🙂

Edited by John Behnke