Hyperkin portable TurboGrafx-16!?!

AlamoAtari

Yeah he didn't link to any official announcement so take the video with a grain of salt, this youtuber's knowledge of such things isn't exactly the most reliable, he was all over the RetroVGS / Coleco Chamelon bandwagon until others proved it false then of course he was all over that. Now, I only mention this because so far the only place I have seen this is on Hyperkins Facebook page where they posted a mouth watering image with many comments saying things along the lines of "Let this be real" etc. With April 1st fast approaching I tend to be even more wary than usual. I do hope it is real of course but would like to see more evidence then the above video.  ;)

I am Rob aka MaximumRD aka OldSchoolRetroGamer and THIS is my world http://about.me/maximumrd

"For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday."

- M. Bison

Hyperkin did the exact same thing around the same time last year for the never released "smart boy" it never materialized. Not hard to see the pattern, the end. Happy April Fools :P

post-15-0-72701700-1459414840_thumb.jpg

I am Rob aka MaximumRD aka OldSchoolRetroGamer and THIS is my world http://about.me/maximumrd

"For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday."

- M. Bison

I got pretty excited about it too - love the TG16!  But it doesn't seem likely.  How much of a market can there really be for this?  The TG16 didn't see much success in North America, so I can't imagine there would be a lot of people with HuCards looking to buy this.  And looking on eBay for games - the prices are out of control.

I didn't watch the video but is that an antenna sticking out the top on the right-hand side? I think both of those would be cool ideas but it does seem even if it were to happen, it would be a very limited market but that's ok. Bring it! =)

7800 - 130XE - XEGS - Lynx - Jaguar - ISO: Atari Falcon030 | STBook |STe

Archived