Join the World of Atari!

Sign In or Create Your Atari I/O Account to join the party! Membership is always free! Gain full access to an amazing new retrogaming community with UNLIMITED member features, weekly high score championships, and prizes. Join other friendly retrogamers as we celebrate nostalgia & classic games, from Atari to Nintendo, Sega, TurboGrafx-16 and beyond!

Photo

Easter Eggs In Old Computer Games

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Rowsdower70

Rowsdower70

Pear Member

• 2,302 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 12:06 PM

Most of these are for the ZedX (which I am fascinated with), but there's some for the C-64 and one for the AtariST that I found particularly amusing.

• Justin, LeeJ07 and Lost Dragon like this

"For you - Rowsdower from the 70 - have been appointed Omnivisioner of the Game Grid."  ~ Atari Adventure Square

#2 Lost Dragon

Lost Dragon

Banana Member

• 2,942 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 12:35 PM

Used to love these.

Anyone seen the UFO abduction in Flying Disc event on C64 Californa Games?

Or tried typing in a swear word on computer of C64 Tau Ceti...potty mouth's pay a high price :-)

Then you had the hidden cratures in ST/Amiga Populous that would appear at random and start doing things to the landscape...

Had a UFO abduct my saliors in PS1 Overboard as well :-)

• Rowsdower70 likes this

#3 Scott Stilphen

Scott Stilphen

Orange Member

• 170 posts

Posted 31 December 2016 - 09:53 AM

Anyone seen the UFO abduction in Flying Disc event on C64 Californa Games?

Or tried typing in a swear word on computer of C64 Tau Ceti...potty mouth's pay a high price :-)

Here's a video of the C64 Cali Games one, which is pretty neat:

With Tau Ceti, if you type a curse in the game (like “f--k” or “c--t”), you’ll get a message saying, "Just because I'm a machine doesn't mean you can insult me.  You'll be SORRY in 10 Seconds...." and the bottom of the screen will have a scrolling message saying, “Same to YOU with Bells on”.  The screen will start shaking and go black in 10 seconds!

Attached Thumbnails

• tau_ceti.jpg

Edited by Scott Stilphen, 01 January 2017 - 06:55 PM.

• RickR likes this

#4 - Ω -

- Ω -

Strawberry Member

• 94 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 05:50 PM

Speaking of "easter eggs" the new game being released at Fest West this year has one too! 

--- Ω ---

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users