Jaguar VR of the 3rd Kind

Clint Thompson

So I've located and confirmed existence of another Jaguar VR prototype that is fully populated - this will make the 3rd known unit in existence, outside of the other 2 empty headset shells. Just thought I would share the pics here as well:

post-181-0-05474800-1505440596_thumb.jpg

post-181-0-18507000-1505440606_thumb.jpg

Not sure I'm really interested in plunking down any money for this one, not that it's exactly for sale right now anyways, it appears to be in pretty rough shape. Not sure if it's functional or has the tracking base either but I do remain hopeful it's fully functional. 

7800 - 130XE - XEGS - Lynx - Jaguar - ISO: Atari Falcon030 | STBook |STe

I wonder. What if someone decided to cosmetically restore older video game systems and the accessories for those platforms for profit? To my knowledge, this has never been done on a grand scale before. It might be cost-prohibitive, but maybe not. Some of this stuff is forty years old or more, especially Atari 2600 products produced in 1977 for instance. I would love to do something like that. I am not sure how it would travel, however. I am a purist, per se, when it comes to restoring things to their original condition. I bring it up because this model of the Atari Jaguar VR system is beat up, but giving it some TLC to refurbish it for posterity (and to play it, of course) might be something lucrative. Of course, I could be barking up the wrong tree. I am not sure. But, one can dream. Thanks for letting me share. :)