MAME Help

btbfilms76

Reaching out to the community here for some help.  Im trying to get my Pong Cabinet in a perfect state - right now its not.  Imagine a beautiful sports car with a Pinto engine.  Im not happy with my Mame set up, so I switched to a retro pie - thats not perfect either because I cant get the turbo twits to work, the whole point of the cabinet.  

Can anyone help me with either getting a solid Mame interface - thats guest friendly (meaning I don't have to babysit the cabinet) when people are over.

Or get my Retro Pie to read the turbo twist working.

Im hoping the Atari.io McPeeps can help me out.

Host of The Jag Bar • Lynx Lounge  7800 Avenue

:youtube: Watch now on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrhPvmALbHpBUqrbBOms5Vw

That wasn't a good time for us in Detroit.

BTB, when you made the decision to switch things up and move to Retro Pie did you see anything out there with spinner controllers already working? I see so many Raspberry Pi consoles out there but I'm not very familiar with them, I can't imagine you're the first person to use spinners on a Retro Pi. I wonder if the manufacturer of the spinners could give you any advice? 

59 minutes ago, Justin said:

That wasn't a good time for us in Detroit.

BTB, when you made the decision to switch things up and move to Retro Pie did you see anything out there with spinner controllers already working? I see so many Raspberry Pi consoles out there but I'm not very familiar with them, I can't imagine you're the first person to use spinners on a Retro Pi. I wonder if the manufacturer of the spinners could give you any advice? 

Yes I did.  How ever what it seams like to me - being a novice on the Retro Pie, it's almost like its built on a few different layers, and I have to write some code on a text doc.  That being said it seams like Im doing something wrong, or the build I have is not setup for it.  

:youtube: Watch now on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrhPvmALbHpBUqrbBOms5Vw

56 minutes ago, btbfilms76 said:

Yes I did.  How ever what it seams like to me - being a novice on the Retro Pie, it's almost like its built on a few different layers, and I have to write some code on a text doc.  That being said it seams like Im doing something wrong, or the build I have is not setup for it.  

I know next to zero about emulation. I've always played on real hardware. My gut feeling though is someone out there makes a simple-stupid Raspberry Pi setup or interface that's ready to go with spinners / paddles / whatever. 

Im wondering if the mini PC that im using is causing problems?  Im seeing more and more problems with windows 10... I winder if I put win 7 on it instead my problems would go away?

9 hours ago, btbfilms76 said:

Im wondering if the mini PC that im using is causing problems?  Im seeing more and more problems with windows 10... I winder if I put win 7 on it instead my problems would go away?

Might be worth a shot. Can you find anything else out there online suggesting Win 10 causes issues that are otherwise stable on Win 7?