Old School Gamer Magazine Issue 8

7eLdbol.jpg

Old School Gamer Magazine Issue 8 is out today for online reading.  The print issue will follow soon.  This issue has an article I wrote quite a few months ago looking at the Starpath Supercharger for the Atari 2600, so be sure to check it out.

Shoot 'Em Ups..... we love to button mash on them at the arcades.  But its not all about slamming those buttons as Walter Day talks about in the Art of Shooting!  Or how about the greatest Atari 2600 Shooters by Brett Weiss, and the Darius Series arcade games that Adam Pratt talks about on page 28.

Plus cool articles on PUCK-Man being renamed, Horowitz's History talking bout 32X - Star Wars Arcade plus Mini Arcades, Ed Kelley, Tetris and Joseph Saelee and more! Read all about it!  Even better subscribe to the print edition and get it in your mailbox too!

Read Here:  https://www.oldschoolgamermagazine.com/magazineosg/osg08/

🖖 Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Thank you, RickR!  Glad you enjoyed it!  I'm now working on a series of articles comparing game ports done back in the day and today by homebrewers.  There are several titles that can be covered.  :)

Edited by TrekMD

I have an article coming up in one of the next issues.  In the meantime, check out this issue and consider subscribing!

CmvksbL.jpg

Issue #16 Is Now Online - Coin Up!
By Bill Donohue

Welcome to the Thunderdome! Two men enter; one man leaves. IT’S DYIN’ TIME!!!... Oops! Sorry... I was reliving the late 80’s... Not an easy task if you were as crazy as I was back then. What we have here is the Late 80’s issue of OSG, loaded with incredible stories about Double Dragons, Robot Monsters, the End Of Days, Defenders, Game-Changing Consoles, insane Asylums, and a hedgehog named Lizzy. So grab a cold one and dive into gaming history!

Hey, If you’ve got something to say about our labor of love here, feel free to shoot me an email. I’d love to hear from y’all! My email is billd.oldschoolgamer@gmail.com.

Issue #16 - Click Here To Read Online