Atari 7800 0ne on One Basketball vs. Atari XE version

Video 61

hi everyone,

a great poster reminded me in another thread about one on one basketball version on the 7800, vs. the XEGS, both versions are good, but the XE version looks like a apple port to me, still fun, but lacks color and a good back round.

but the 7800 version looks to be a complete rewrite as the poster suggested, very colorful, great back rounds, fun to play. i am also going to include the atari 2600 version of basketball, it really is the basis in my opinion for one on one basketball.

the 7800 version,

XEGS version,

thanks,

lance

www.atarisales.com

VIDEO 61 & ATARI SALES
www.atarisales.com
22735 Congo St. NE, Stacy, MN 55079
651-462-2500

This is one of my all-time favorite games.  Mostly due to the simple controls that let you do so much and the realistic movements of the players.  

I grew up with the 8-bit/C64 versions.  Once I finally discovered the 7800, this became my favorite 7800 game.  It's got the same gameplay and controls, but it plays a bit faster and looks better.  A+ game on both, with a slight edge to the 7800.  

2 hours ago, TrekMD said:

I've never played the XL/XE version but, comparing the videos, the 7800 version does have more color and detailed sprites. 

hi trekmd,

it sure looks like a more filled out game to me also. my kids used to play the 7800 version all of the time. i played the xe version mostly.

lance

www.atarisales.com

VIDEO 61 & ATARI SALES
www.atarisales.com
651-462-2500

1 hour ago, RickR said:

This is one of my all-time favorite games.  Mostly due to the simple controls that let you do so much and the realistic movements of the players.  

I grew up with the 8-bit/C64 versions.  Once I finally discovered the 7800, this became my favorite 7800 game.  It's got the same gameplay and controls, but it plays a bit faster and looks better.  A+ game on both, with a slight edge to the 7800.  

hi rickr,

awesome over view.

lance

www.atarisales.com

VIDEO 61 & ATARI SALES
www.atarisales.com
651-462-2500