Justin

image.png.8204ad0974ecf0b1d3ce81a8ecf362a8.png

Release Date: 2/11/21

Retail: $4.99

Developer(s): Grizzly Machine

Publisher: Grizzly Machine

Official Site

Synopsis :

"War is in the air. Welcome to the tail turret, where the only things standing between you and a watery grave are your gun and your own rotten luck. Test your skill in wave after wave of arcade-style aerial combat.

Choose between survival and glory with 10 different challenge modes. Rack up high scores to become the most notorious gunner of your time. Your comrades say you'll be in the drink before the day is out, but life's a gamble and no one lives forever.

Give 'em hell, Ace!"

Tailgunner by indie developer Grizzly Machine is a throwback homage to the arcade games of yesteryear.  A modern take on the 1979 vector game Tail Gunner, this version eschews the vector look for slick, anime styled WWII flying machines.  The style of the 40s is present throughout in the art deco menus and swinging big band sounds.  A fun game that's worth a look!

New to the VCS and bought this today.  I can’t seem to get the modern style game controller to work.  All I can do is move the gun with the right joystick.  Fire and other functions don’t work except go to menu etc…. Seems to work fine with the Atari style joystick and I can aim down the gun and fire fine.  Anyone see this issue?  

Hi @Rex & welcome to the forum and Club VCS.

I just tried it out and it seems to be working fine for me. Right thumbstick aims, right trigger shoots, left thumbstick moves planes, and d-pad brings up special controls. I did have to wait until the tutorial directed me to shoot, turn, etc. before those features were enabled.

Also - FYI - the firmware on my Modern Controller is Version 1.47. If you haven't already, you might try updating. (System - Devices - Update Controllers)

Finally, repairing Bluetooth may also help if the issue persists.

I hope that helps!

Edited by Sabertooth