Alfred Hitchcock Presents - REVENGE - Saturday Frights

The Professor

post-7-0-18014800-1440878507_thumb.jpg

This week's Saturday Frights is about the 1955 episode of Alfred Hitchcock Presents, entitled "Revenge" starring Vera Miles. Revenge was the first episode of the television show, and one of the few to be directed by Alfred Hitchcock himself.

The episode is currently available to stream for free on Hulu, you can watch it by clicking this link or the image below: http://www.hulu.com/watch/282

post-7-0-49661100-1440878843_thumb.jpg

Here's what Vic Sage had to say about the episode:

Saturday Frights Podcast – Alfred Hitchcock Presents - Revenge

Welcome back, dear viewers. For your viewing entertainment this evening I have chosen the very first episodic television offering from Alfred Hitchcock Presents called ‘Revenge’.

An apt title I can assure you as the story concerns Vera Miles who portrays a young woman living with her husband in their little trailer near the sea. They are there so she might rest from the small nervous breakdown she suffered before they were married. Unfortunately while her Husband is away at work she finds herself attacked by a stranger in a gray suit. What else can her beloved Carl do but go forth and seek revenge on the man who assaulted her?

Revenge was originally broadcast on October 2, 1955 and is one of the few episodes that Ol’ Hitch directed himself. I hope you will turn down the lights and gather among your most loved ones and share in the terror of Alfred Hitchcock Presents. Heh, heh.

post-7-0-92771400-1436657973.png

Archived