Centipede for the ColecoVision with Roller Controller Support

sramirez2008

I’ve copied the post below from a thread on AtariAge. I managed to break 50k on Easy Play (damn you spider).

Enjoy!

Great news!

SWAMI here on ATARI AGE has created a version of CENTIPEDE for the COLECOVISION.

It is the classic COLECOVISION game ( by ATARISOFT ) with just the addition of true roller controller support ! 

It features 2 modes: 

ROLLERPEDE ( roller controller support with standard graphics )

VECTO-ROLLERPEDE ( roller controller support with vector graphics )

Credits:

Brought to you by: SWAMI

F.O. SWAMI : RC support and formatting

SLY "VECTOMAN" DC : Vector graphics

SWAMI did state that "the ROM is available for public release, but it cannot be sold as it is still Cote Gamer's game (and mine) and we don't want other people selling it. "

The game belongs to Cote Games and "SWAMI" and anyone selling the game other than Cote Gamers is prohibited.

KAMSHAFT here on Atari Age has placed the ROM on the cvaddict.com web site soColecovision fans can play it and enjoy it ...

https://cvaddict.com/profile.php?gameid=450

Again, let it clearly be known that Cote Games and Swami do not want any one selling cartridges of this ROM .BIN file.

It is FOR PERSONAL USE ONLY!!

thanks and enjoy!

Tim

IMG_1497.jpeg

IMG_1486.jpeg

That is awesome, when things improve around here I might have to dig out my original hardware and load up that ROM on my Atarimax Colecovision USB cart! Should probably do some cleaning and maintenance on my Roller Controller as well! 

I am Rob aka MaximumRD aka OldSchoolRetroGamer and THIS is my world http://about.me/maximumrd

"For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday."

- M. Bison

16 minutes ago, MaximumRD said:

Should probably do some cleaning and maintenance on my Roller Controller as well! 

I cleaned this one up a while ago. I have one that’s CIB and a third for parts. This hack really works well with the RC. The game play is smooth. 

Edited by sramirez2008

24 minutes ago, RickR said:

Did we ever figure out if the roller works on the Phoenix console?  I don't think I've ever tried it.  But this probably gives me an excuse to do so.

Good question. I didn’t have a RC when I purchased my Phoenix. I need yo set mine up and try it out with the RC and Steering Wheel. 

On 9/24/2023 at 9:39 AM, RickR said:

Did we ever figure out if the roller works on the Phoenix console?  I don't think I've ever tried it.  But this probably gives me an excuse to do so.

According to Willie (ArcadeUSA) the RC doesn't work well with the Phoenix. However, in this recent video, he demos a Power Adapter (currently sold by someone on FB) that allows the RC to work. 

<Edit> I just ordered one of the adaptors and the seller says it will be mailed out by tomorrow.👍

Edited by sramirez2008
Adaptor Purchase.