Ringtones for your iPhone with GarageBand

socrates63

I had been wanting to make ringtones for my iPhone for a while. Really, I should correct that and say alarm 🔔 and not ringtone since I keep my phone in silent mode. In the past, I purchased a few video game and movie ringtones from the App Store. However, recently, I've wanted them from M.U.L.E. and Jumpman. I couldn't find. any in the store, so I decided to make my own.

How do I do that on the iPhone? I searched online and the first method pointed to using the Music app. Don't bother. I searched some more, and found an article that talked about using GarageBand, and we found a winner.

I downloaded YouTube videos that captured the game songs from Atari computers, and I extracted the audio from them. Following the steps in the article, I opened them using GarageBand, followed the steps, and exported the ringtones. They were found under Settings > Sounds & Haptics.

I shared the M.U.L.E. theme with my wife last week and gushed about how I loved the game. When she heard my alarm go off in the morning yesterday, she looked at me and smiled.