Flat LCD Monitor in a TRS-80 Model IV

Probably much lighter in weight and easier to move/store.

I know a lot of collectors might look down on a change like this.  But since no harm was done to the case, it is reversible.  And better to have the machine working than sitting broken. 

I like it. 

You ever notice how a lot of workbenches are painted green?  Is it the standard color for projects or what?  My garage workbench is green too, and I painted it myself.  It has been so long that I don't remember if I bought green specifically for it, or just had extra paint from another project (I think this is the case, as we used to have a painted green dresser).  In any case, I ended up painting it twice.  I painted it once, and it got scuffed and scratched after a while, then I painted it once more and added a coat of polyurethane and that finish has held up for many years. 

1 hour ago, RickR said:

Probably much lighter in weight and easier to move/store.

I know a lot of collectors might look down on a change like this.  But since no harm was done to the case, it is reversible.  And better to have the machine working than sitting broken. 

I like it. 

Agreed!  If it were mine I'd do the same thing... AND install a modern data storage device too.  Why?  Because honestly, will we ever live long enough for them to actually be worth a lot?  Might as well enjoy one if you have one.

<<< My YouTube Page >>>