Hello Atari I/O Community!

MaximumRD

Well, this should have been done sooner but I am hoping better late then never. My name is Rob, most places online I go by the username "MaximumRD" , been around a bit, Google MaximumRD and filter for videos or Images you will see I am pretty crazy but everything I do is for fun and the love of my Classic Gaming and computing hobby and pastime, it is a part of me since pretty much as long as I can remember. I am happily married (to a wonderful woman from GOA named Melissa) I am a 46 years old and I am Canadian, lived most my life in Toronto Ontario but the last 12 here in Kelowna, British Columbia. Despite many thoughts on Canadians I assure you I have ever uttered the word "ABOOT" but admittedly I have occasionally ended a sentence with "Eh?", and I DO love Beer and Bacon and have even seen a Moose and Mountie or two. As for my surroundings / location definitely not what most non Canadians would think of, Kelowna is what is a city located in what is called the "Okanagan Valley" and here we have many wineries, we are close to Canada's southernmost desert so we have fairly mild winters and Hot summers with cool nights. The best way to sum up my city is with this little video:

http://vimeo.com/101758180

OK now with that boring stuff out of the way let's move on with what is important, my collection is pretty much as listed here:

NintendoDS / Gameboy AdvanceSP/ 2 Xbox / 2 TG-16 / JVC X'Exe / Nintendo Wii / GP2X WIZ / GP2X Caanoo / Dingoo A320 / Sony PS2 (one Phat and one SLIM) / 2 Gamecube / 3 Dreamcast / Sega Saturn / Sega CDX / CDi / 3DO / 1 Sega Genesis model 1/ Sega Master System / FC Mobile II / PS1 (Original and SLIM) / 2 Colecovisions / Intellivision II / Ti99a / Atari 5200 / Atari 7800 / Atari 2600 Jr. / Atari 1040ste / Atari 1040stf / Commodore 64c & c64 / Super Nintendo / NEO GEO CD / N64 / 2 NES / Retron3 / JXD s601 Android / JXD s602 / JXD s5110 / JXD s7800b / Open Pandora handheld / Atari 5200 VCS Adapter MODDED for Stand alone operation / Open Pandora handheld / PLUS a pretty decent Desktop and an average laptop.

So, while I cannot claim to be an Atari only guy I will say it has turned out that of all platforms I have they hardware to play Atari 2600 carts more then any other platform lol which is fine because I love me some Atari, was into videogames before Atari and so lived through the entire history. Oh and FYI for everything I am involved in and more here is a single link that is a hub to all of it, please feel free to check it out as I am SURE you will find something that appeals to you : 

http://about.me/maximumrd

Obviously this is a young community and site but I am hoping that we can all be pioneers here early on and with enthusiasm working to spread the word we can grow to be a friendly welcoming site to all gamers and retro fans alike. Looking forward to meeting you all and helping our community grow. 

Sincerely Rob aka MaximumRD

fNjpIpK.jpg

I am Rob aka MaximumRD aka OldSchoolRetroGamer and THIS is my world http://about.me/maximumrd

"For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday."

- M. Bison

Hello :D ..my name is Kevin Twiner! From South East Texas.I love me some video games...and like most cut my teeth on Atari..!  Look me up on Facebook,G+,Youtube,TIZ{the iso zone} i have All the Atari consoles 2/ 5200"S heavysixer 2600 sunnyvale. will share more ppics and info with all who inquire.Really glad too meet everyone

Just found this page of the forum! I'm greenween, you can call me Dion. I was born in 72 and had Pong by age 7, Atari followed and I've been about ALL gaming ever since. Fell in love with D & D of course! Followed by Magic, but video games always ruled! Atari will always be my favorite system!!

"Better to be king for a night than schmuck for a lifetime."

Well, this should have been done sooner but I am hoping better late then never. My name is Rob, most places online I go by the username "MaximumRD" , been around a bit, Google MaximumRD and filter for videos or Images you will see I am pretty crazy but everything I do is for fun and the love of my Classic Gaming and computing hobby and pastime, it is a part of me since pretty much as long as I can remember. I am happily married (to a wonderful woman from GOA named Melissa) I am a 46 years old and I am Canadian, lived most my life in Toronto Ontario but the last 12 here in Kelowna, British Columbia. Despite many thoughts on Canadians I assure you I have ever uttered the word "ABOOT" but admittedly I have occasionally ended a sentence with "Eh?", and I DO love Beer and Bacon and have even seen a Moose and Mountie or two. As for my surroundings / location definitely not what most non Canadians would think of, Kelowna is what is a city located in what is called the "Okanagan Valley" and here we have many wineries, we are close to Canada's southernmost desert so we have fairly mild winters and Hot summers with cool nights. The best way to sum up my city is with this little video:

http://vimeo.com/101758180

OK now with that boring stuff out of the way let's move on with what is important, my collection is pretty much as listed here:

NintendoDS / Gameboy AdvanceSP/ 2 Xbox / 2 TG-16 / JVC X'Exe / Nintendo Wii / GP2X WIZ / GP2X Caanoo / Dingoo A320 / Sony PS2 (one Phat and one SLIM) / 2 Gamecube / 3 Dreamcast / Sega Saturn / Sega CDX / CDi / 3DO / 1 Sega Genesis model 1/ Sega Master System / FC Mobile II / PS1 (Original and SLIM) / 2 Colecovisions / Intellivision II / Ti99a / Atari 5200 / Atari 7800 / Atari 2600 Jr. / Atari 1040ste / Atari 1040stf / Commodore 64c & c64 / Super Nintendo / NEO GEO CD / N64 / 2 NES / Retron3 / JXD s601 Android / JXD s602 / JXD s5110 / JXD s7800b / Open Pandora handheld / Atari 5200 VCS Adapter MODDED for Stand alone operation / Open Pandora handheld / PLUS a pretty decent Desktop and an average laptop.

So, while I cannot claim to be an Atari only guy I will say it has turned out that of all platforms I have they hardware to play Atari 2600 carts more then any other platform lol which is fine because I love me some Atari, was into videogames before Atari and so lived through the entire history. Oh and FYI for everything I am involved in and more here is a single link that is a hub to all of it, please feel free to check it out as I am SURE you will find something that appeals to you : 

http://about.me/maximumrd

Obviously this is a young community and site but I am hoping that we can all be pioneers here early on and with enthusiasm working to spread the word we can grow to be a friendly welcoming site to all gamers and retro fans alike. Looking forward to meeting you all and helping our community grow. 

fNjpIpK.jpg

such a lovely couple.

This guy is a legit YouTube & Classic Gaming Legend. Have you seen his videos? I'm really glad you're part of this community MaximumRD! I've followed your videos for some time, and now with your above post aboot your family & personal life I feel like I know you even better.

I've found the Atari I/O Community to be a breath of fresh air. It's a very warm and welcoming place, a small community filled with bright minds and dedicated retro gamers. It's because of people like MaximumRD that make it this way.  ;)

Hello there! Glad to see such a variety of gamers on here. I've always been a community kind of guy, so its neat to interact with you all on here. Granted, I'm still very new myself, but I look forward to chatting with you all.

Welcome MaximumRD!

I post pictures and videos regularly of retro games, hardware, and mods/fixes on Instagram. Feel free to follow me @PVGLuke

Thank you all, you are too kind! I have been pretty busy lately (just posted a travel video elsewhere on the site) I DO try to visit when I have time. 

I am Rob aka MaximumRD aka OldSchoolRetroGamer and THIS is my world http://about.me/maximumrd

"For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday."

- M. Bison

what a great way to put it maximum rd. that's how i feel about it too, we're all pioneers here early on and it's really great to be here with so many enthusiastic people. great to see you here maximum rd, all the best!

VIDEO 61 & ATARI SALES
www.atarisales.com
22735 Congo St. NE, Stacy, MN 55079
651-462-2500

I'm Andrew and I hav an Atari 2600 wood grain version and some great classic games when I wa a kid in the 80s we had the Vader model and some classic games my dad may still have in the closet that I wi try to acquire lol I also play my PS3 and my tablet but I'm hardcore Atari!

Archived