Advent VideoBeam 1000 projector

RickR

Who remembers these 70's projection TV's that had three big lenses (red, blue, green)?  The thing that really makes me curious is why we don't ever see these in anyone's retro collection.  Wouldn't it be cool to play old Atari systems on a projector from that era?

I remember these very clearly from the video stores at the mall in the 70's and 80's.  As I recall, the demo units were kept in dark rooms.  They looked great in a dark environment. 

1012vintageadv.4.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

7289543084_5ea441a32f_b.jpg

I remember this well.

My uncle - Uncle Bud, owned the Melody Lane Roller Rink in Hookstown PA.  On summers there we spent a lot of time in the rink, in the arcade and at the snack bar.  His house was on the same lot as the rink and downstairs in the den/bar room was one of these projectors. I thought it was the coolest thing to see an image that big on the wall.  But if memory serves me the picture was not that great and there was a lot of futzing in order to get it just right - plus a dark room was needed.  

Host of The Jag Bar • Lynx Lounge  7800 Avenue

:youtube: Watch now on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrhPvmALbHpBUqrbBOms5Vw