Favorite UNDERAPPRECIATED & FORGOTTEN '80s Movies?

Justin

On 3/25/2020 at 11:47 PM, kamakazi20012 said:

I have never seen Krull.  I'm going to have to find a way to see that movie once and for all.  And I'd love to get my hands on a CED player again.  I loved those machines.

Last Starfighter is good but I think it was already mentioned.

yep, its a fun machine.

lance

www.atarisales.com

VIDEO 61 & ATARI SALES
www.atarisales.com
22735 Congo St. NE, Stacy, MN 55079
651-462-2500

It's not 80's but still fun to watch.  I had two VHS tapes (remember those?) titled Beyond The Mind's Eye and one from Radio Shack titled The Mind's Eye.  Both were compilations of early computer generated visuals set to some of the most creative music I've ever heard.  This clip I'm sharing was one of my favorites from Beyond The Mind's Eye titled "Too Far". It might be from the 1990's but it retains that 1980's flare.  It's also a time where computers were transitioning from being a luxury item into being a common place item in everything we do.  Enjoy the short clip.

Here's the other one.  This one is the sole reason why I wanted a LaserDisc player.  Wal-Mart in Branson, Missouri had a Pioneer LD setup and playing a demo disc.  This clip from The Mind's Eye was playing when I discovered the setup in the store one visit my Mother and I made.  I repeated that clip about 4 times on the machine.  Something about was just mesmerizing to me.  I loved the music especially and I thought the animation did a very good job of getting the story across without any dialog.  See what you think?

On a side note, I had this on Radio Shack's version of the Mind's Eye on VHS.  I never got the LD or the LD version of the Mind's Eye which I wish I could find now that I have a LD player.  I absolutely LOVE the music in The Mind's Eye and Beyond The Mind's Eye videos.  I would sometimes just put these in to go to sleep on.

On 3/26/2020 at 11:42 PM, kamakazi20012 said:

Here's the other one.  This one is the sole reason why I wanted a LaserDisc player.  Wal-Mart in Branson, Missouri had a Pioneer LD setup and playing a demo disc.  This clip from The Mind's Eye was playing when I discovered the setup in the store one visit my Mother and I made.  I repeated that clip about 4 times on the machine.  Something about was just mesmerizing to me.  I loved the music especially and I thought the animation did a very good job of getting the story across without any dialog.  See what you think?

On a side note, I had this on Radio Shack's version of the Mind's Eye on VHS.  I never got the LD or the LD version of the Mind's Eye which I wish I could find now that I have a LD player.  I absolutely LOVE the music in The Mind's Eye and Beyond The Mind's Eye videos.  I would sometimes just put these in to go to sleep on.

I remember taking a trip to Portland because my dad had some kind of business meeting in the downtown area, and my brother and I walked over to the local Radio Shack, and they had that video playing. I remember seeing that very clip! I kept watching, hoping it would repeat so I could that one with the bird and fish again, but the video was longer than expected. That one really stuck with me.