Have you ever done it?

- Ω -

😜 You know what I mean...   

Have you ever liked an old or new video game so much that you made a fancy manual for it, a keyboard strip, and even a cartridge label for the game and then burned a chip for it so it could reside in it's very own cartridge?

<<< My YouTube Page >>>

Not quite to that extreme no. What I did do back in the day, was to create my own book of spells for King's Quest III when I "Creatively acquisition" a copy to play for myself back in the day. I used First Publisher for the graphics and everything in it. I have NO idea whatever happened to it. I also remember recreating the logo for Sorcerian in First Publisher and it took me a week to pixel by pixel it in. Was quite pleased with the results when I was done with it. No idea where that file is anymore either these days.

See what I'm up to over at the Ivory Tower Collections: http://www.youtube.com/ivorytowercollections

Kind of....I have a custom cartridge version of "M.U.L.E." for the Atari computers.  I bought it on ebay a long long time ago.  Maybe 20 years.  It was one of those things that once I knew it existed, I *had* to have it.  I probably paid way too much for it back then.  But MULE is one of my all-time favorite games.  It remains one of my favorite items in my collection. 

6 hours ago, Airshack said:

No. Multicarts have replaced my cartridge collections on all systems. I enjoy playing on original hardware but dislike having boxes full of carts.

I understand, I use my multicart for most things too, but every once in a while a REALLY COOL game comes down the pike that begs for it's own cartridge.  The last one I made might be familiar to you...

l1Nf1xr.jpg

<<< My YouTube Page >>>