Old Atari User (79) and TI99 (83)

Atarigeezer

Started with Atari 400, then 1980 christmas Upgraded to 800, I still use the 800 everday, I put in on the shelf early 90's

Do to XL only games ect.. Then 2012 candle finished the Incognito, So back to 800 with Fujinet and Incognito.

TI99 back in 83, a friend had ti99 and I was wow'ed by the speech, they were on closeout so I bought one, they also had

Buy 3 cartridges and get speech free. Still using today. retired and able to do both.

combine_images.jpg

I was just curious as I've seen VHS drawers like that before, and I still have one, but not for floppies.  I'll have to keep an eye out for some.  The 800 is my favorite of the A8 line but I love my XEGS. I'm a little late in discovering disk based games for it but what I do have are entertaining. I especially like Solar Star and Omar.

10 hours ago, Atari 5200 Guy said:

I was just curious as I've seen VHS drawers like that before, and I still have one, but not for floppies.  I'll have to keep an eye out for some.  The 800 is my favorite of the A8 line but I love my XEGS. I'm a little late in discovering disk based games for it but what I do have are entertaining. I especially like Solar Star and Omar.

I remember the VHS ones, not many in a case, we had 100's of tapes.  800, I still have and use that one today. and same desk as well.

4 hours ago, Atarigeezer said:

I remember the VHS ones, not many in a case, we had 100's of tapes.  800, I still have and use that one today. and same desk as well.

That is impressive. It's not often to hear, let alone see pictures, of something someone still has and has continued to use for decades. Just out of curiosity again, if you have an Atari then you have games for it right?  What game(s) is your favorite?

On 1/9/2022 at 1:14 PM, Atari 5200 Guy said:

That is impressive. It's not often to hear, let alone see pictures, of something someone still has and has continued to use for decades. Just out of curiosity again, if you have an Atari then you have games for it right?  What game(s) is your favorite?

WOW, what a question LOL!! there are many many! I do" Last star fighter" and finish for high score a couple times a month, I still play all the oldies and the newer ones.