Modern Game Streaming on the Atari VCS

Sabertooth

Atari's decision to open up the VCS to cloud-based modern game streaming services is an interesting one.  The flexibility to access modern AAA content through services like Stadia, Luna, XBOX Game Cloud, and GeForce Now is a great benefit to VCS users.  It also fills a gap in Atari's content, which skews toward smaller indie and retro titles.  At the same time, having access to these services on the VCS might discourage users from purchasing the content available from the VCS store.  Additionally, with the exception of Stadia, these services require a regular subscription fee.

I've used Stadia and Luna on the VCS and both have run really well.  On Stadia, games like Resident Evil Village and Dirt5 were flawless.  On Luna, games like Panzer Dragoon: Remake looked and played better than they do on my PS4 Pro.  Of course these services can be accessed from a variety of other devices, but having them available from a single console - or PC/Console Hybrid -  is very convenient. 

What do you think of Atari's decision to make these services accessible on the VCS?  Is the added flexibility a selling point? Or do you think it somehow hurts the Atari VCS?  Have you used any of these services on your VCS?

Edited by Sabertooth

I think offering the ability to play these game streaming services is a very appealing selling point for the VCS. It's another reason, even a very big reason, to spend $300+ on the VCS as opposed to other offerings. It's nice to know that you're getting the ability to access so much through the VCS and makes it a worthwhile purchase. The downside is it dilutes the "personality" of the VCS and the Atari brand as a whole, when things like Stadia, XBOX Game Cloud and all of this modern AAA content effectively become the loudest voice in the room and take you out of the "World of Atari" experience that has been carefully curated for the VCS. Overall it's a net positive in my opinion, but I'd like to see more modern AAA content come from Atari themselves.