Recharged Squad Challenge 003 - Black Widow: Recharged

4 hours ago, Joe said:

What are you using to keep the controllers in place E.king?

Good question.

I just put them on a surface that grips to the rubber feet on the bottom of the joystick base. It is a foam pad that I am using.

I also put Thumb grips on the top of the joysticks too which helps.

The ones that fit dual analogs fit perfectly on the top of the joysticks.

Edited by E. King

12 minutes ago, Mockduck said:

I have not been able to get close to my best score so far, so it looks like I am out of the running for top spots. 🙂 Too tough for me!

I know we all try to get the top spot, but it's always been the Atari.io tradition to have fun with it.  Share tips.  Get better.  We can't all be #1, but we can certainly have a lot of fun.  I hope no one is ever discouraged from participating just because they don't think they can beat the top score! 

@Mockduck, your videos are a blessing to me (being a new VCS owner).  Very enjoyable and educational. 

5 hours ago, RickR said:

I know we all try to get the top spot, but it's always been the Atari.io tradition to have fun with it.  Share tips.  Get better.  We can't all be #1, but we can certainly have a lot of fun.  I hope no one is ever discouraged from participating just because they don't think they can beat the top score! 

@Mockduck, your videos are a blessing to me (being a new VCS owner).  Very enjoyable and educational. 

It is not all about getting the highest score but having fun trying to get a high score.

And yeah, Mockduck has a great channel. 

3 hours ago, RickR said:

The PC doesn't really give a good option other than dual sticks (at least that I could find).  I was trying to see if I could do just a simple "shoot in the direction I move", but no go.  You can do mouse that way, but it's super awkward. 

Honestly, the game is optimized for dual thumbsticks. It's cool that they've went the extra mile with Classic Controller support for the VCS though.

Edited by Sabertooth

36 minutes ago, Sabertooth said:

Honestly, the game is optimized for dual thumbsticks. It's cool that they've went the extra mile with Classic Controller support for the VCS though.

I enjoy the game more with the dual classic joysticks but I just cant seem to get past 7k with them because the speed and accuracy of movement/shooting is not as good obviously.