When summer ends, what are your TI plans?

- Ω -

@TMOP69 @RobertLM78 @shift838 @Retrospect @RickR 

So, what are your TI plans for this fall and winter once everyone starts staying indoors where it'll be warm?  I have to admit, I've been slow to hook everything up after the move.  Everything is physically in place, just not hooked up.  I also learned on the BBS that my TIPI is going to need an upgrade chip, so there is that.  Hopefully we get a little bit more activity here.

OH, BTW - @TMOP69 has joined our ranks.  

Edited by - Ω -

<<< My YouTube Page >>>

I'm just looking for some fresh air, due to some recent facts in another place. @- Ω - could surely imagine where and probably why. 😉

But I do not intend to polemize in any way, this preamble was just to clarify that I've stopped/cancelled all coding & others activity on the TI, as announced in the other place. And I'll be consistent with my decision. So, please, do not expect new porting or new compilation of legay XB/TI BASIC games.

Surely I'll share also here my two recent game ports to TI from Atari VCS and maybe the last update of the MegaPacks for TI99/TomyTutor MiSTer cores, primarly to support the developer of the cores, but I need to check first the rules here regarding the material that can be posted.

I don't know if in the future I'll return back to coding for the TI, surely not in the short/medium period. I'm now tempted by the other "Side(s) of the Force"... oops, sorry, "of the Retrogaming"... 🤣

4 hours ago, TMOP69 said:

I'm just looking for some fresh air, due to some recent facts in another place. @- Ω - could surely imagine where and probably why. 😉

But I do not intend to polemize in any way, this preamble was just to clarify that I've stopped/cancelled all coding & others activity on the TI, as announced in the other place. And I'll be consistent with my decision. So, please, do not expect new porting or new compilation of legay XB/TI BASIC games.

Surely I'll share also here my two recent game ports to TI from Atari VCS and maybe the last update of the MegaPacks for TI99/TomyTutor MiSTer cores, primarly to support the developer of the cores, but I need to check first the rules here regarding the material that can be posted.

I don't know if in the future I'll return back to coding for the TI, surely not in the short/medium period. I'm now tempted by the other "Side(s) of the Force"... oops, sorry, "of the Retrogaming"... 🤣

I'm just glad you're here.  Yeah, I think I can probably guess, and yes it's best not to dwell, besides this is a really positive and friendly site.  Hey though, even chatting about the TI is good too!

<<< My YouTube Page >>>

1 hour ago, RobertLM78 said:

I've been firing up the TI for a round of gaming (usually homebrews) periodically (maybe twice a month) for the last few months. 
I'm still saving for a TIPI - so getting that could give a invigorating dose of interest.

And welcome aboard @TMOP69  🙂

Oh yeah, the TIPI turns ones old TI into a whole new fun machine.  Internet, Intranet, massive and fast storage capabilities.  One word of warning about the TIPI though, once you use it, you'll never want to go back.

<<< My YouTube Page >>>

On 9/15/2023 at 10:41 AM, TMOP69 said:

I hope that we will finally see also the SDD99. It will allow disk support, SAMS, p-code and the ability to run carts similarly to FG99. 🙂 

Sounds sweet - i'm not familiar with that project, so i'll have to do some looking, but having SAMS and P-Code would be awesome.

Cheering vestry jolt now!  100%