Slot Cars

sramirez2008

My favorite car was the (No. 1904) Richard Petty Road Runner Magna-Traction car. One of my friends actually had that tank (No. 1924). You weren’t going to win any races with it, but it was just funny to see that thing on the track. Everyone wanted to try it out.

IMG_1560.jpeg

Edited by sramirez2008

Oh cool poster! 

I had "The Shadow" 3 down, 3 over.  My brother had the Porsche (5 down, 4 over).  We figured out pretty quickly that the Porsche was faster, even if you switched the bodies.  A lesson in aerodynamics for us kids!  He always won. 

We also had the yellow van and some other chunky one that I don't remember, and those always made for a more fair race. 

1 hour ago, sramirez2008 said:

My favorite car was the (No. 1904) Richard Petty Road Runner Magna-Traction car. One of my friends actually had that tank (No. 1924). You weren’t going to win any races with it, but it was just funny to see that thing on the track. Everyone wanted to try it out.

IMG_1560.jpeg

Oh wow, that brings back memories!  I remember having an Aurora AFX race track as a kid.  One of the things I did with mine was to get the HO scale train track crossing for it.  It was kind of fun racing my brother because we had to slow down or stop when the train went by, otherwise the train would knock you off the track.  

<<< My YouTube Page >>>

8 minutes ago, - Ω - said:

Oh wow, that brings back memories!  I remember having an Aurora AFX race track as a kid.  One of the things I did with mine was to get the HO scale train track crossing for it.  It was kind of fun racing my brother because we had to slow down or stop when the train went by, otherwise the train would knock you off the track.  

AFX was synonymous with slot car racing when we were kids. Sure there were Tyco sets, but most of us in and around my neighborhood had AFX sets. 

Did you know it's still possible to get slot cars sets?  Some of them are really cheap like << THIS ONE >> from Amazon.  There is also another from a better know company at twice the price << HERE >>.  Actually if you just << CLICK HERE >> you can see quite an assortment of possibilities.  One this is certain, this last one seems << HERE >> seems way overpriced for what you get.

<<< My YouTube Page >>>