Inside E.T.'s Horror Sequel and Spielberg's Lost Movies!

Justin

Fascinating!  ET as a hero!  But I'm with you that ET and horror probably wouldn't have made a good legacy for the first film. 

I also learned just yesterday about Spielberg wanting badly to direct Superman, but the producers having no confidence in him (since Jaws hadn't been released yet).  While I'm sure Spielberg Superman would have been pretty sweet, it sure feels like those producers would have made the same odd mistakes anyway (like paying Puzo a boatload for a script, giving in to all diva Brando's requests, cheaping out on paying Christopher Reeves, etc), so the film would probably be about the same. 

3 hours ago, RickR said:

I also learned just yesterday about Spielberg wanting badly to direct Superman

This seems to happen a lot with Superman! The Tim Burton Superman from 1998 is also a fascinating story. There was a documentary about it called “The Death of Superman Lives” that I posted about a few years ago, unfortunately, the YouTube videos seem to have disappeared. I’ll see if I can find a new one.