Stuff Alexa does (that took you by surprise) - Add your own too!

- Ω -

So one of the things I like about Alexa is adding things (by voice) to my "shopping list" as I think about them, then telling it to print my list when I'm ready to go shopping.  Well, it apparently Alexa keeps track of the toner levels in my printer as well.  Today, out-of-the-blue I got a notification on Alexa and an email from it informing me my cyan level was down to 15% and that I needed to reorder.  Wow, that was unexpected, but nice to know before I ran out.

<<< My YouTube Page >>>

I do use Alexa to turn on my TV and even my Xbox, plus I tell it to go straight to my streaming app bypassing the ad ridden home screen.

But lately Alexa doesn't do voice search for shows anymore plus the Prime subs are getting out of hand so if my Fire TV Cube dies I'll only get a Roku stick... 🤷‍♂️

(Still good for instant weather reports before I go to work.)

On 2/6/2024 at 1:56 PM, MistaMaddog said:

I do use Alexa to turn on my TV and even my Xbox, plus I tell it to go straight to my streaming app bypassing the ad ridden home screen.

But lately Alexa doesn't do voice search for shows anymore plus the Prime subs are getting out of hand so if my Fire TV Cube dies I'll only get a Roku stick... 🤷‍♂️

(Still good for instant weather reports before I go to work.)

I don't use it to turn my TV on or off, but I do have it turn on and off lights and a couple of other items.  Just don't ask it to fart, trust me.

<<< My YouTube Page >>>

4 hours ago, Justin said:

I'm surprised Alexa is something you'd want to use.

Well, a few years ago, probably not.  Now as my advancing decrepitude has been advancing, it can make life easier, and who knows, one day I might say, "Alexa, help, I've fallen and I can't get up."

<<< My YouTube Page >>>