Analogue DUO Jailbreak now exists

CrossBow

I like quite a few others had been waiting for this because our Everdrives weren't working. I own a ver. 2.5 TED cart and none of the other work arounds posted were working for that model. Additionally, info from Krikzz stated that it wasn't likely to ever be possible to make those mid version TurboED carts work.

Well, we don't have to mess with any of it anymore as a jailbreak has been posted in a github that replaces the current firmware on the A-DUO and allows the use of .pce and even PCE CD ISO images to work from the SDcard on the back of the A-DUO. Just have to place the files in the right folders on the SD card and then after loading in the new firmware, you will have a new Play Assets option. Selecting this will then show the list of games it finds on the SDcard. CD ISOs have to be in their own separate subfolder for each game while you can have a set of different .PCE files on the SDCard to read normal HuCard images from.

And yes, so far the Library still shows the screenshots for each game when you select them just like normal games provided you have that images fileset. Save States still aren't a thing yet and it is unknown if this jail break will be updated once Analogue officially releases new FW to support that. But in the meantime, if you like me, have a TED you can't use on your A-DUO this link solves that issue for the time being.

https://github.com/analoguejb/Analogue-Duo-JB

See what I'm up to over at the Ivory Tower Collections: http://www.youtube.com/ivorytowercollections

I would like to provide an update on this. I've had a chance to use my ADuo a bit more since installing the jail break and overall things are good. That is...except for the CD games. Pretty much every CD game I've loaded up from the SD will play fine for about 20min or so. And then all of sudden I will start to get some severe audio stuttering. When this happens the game will also show some slight hesitation and performance issues. Sometimes, the issue will correct itself, say when something changes and requires the game music to change tracks. But usually when this happens, there will come a point not too long after where the game just freezes and I have no choice but to quite the game and restart it.

Analogue have released new FW for the ADuo that now has the save state support in it. I'm hoping that can be implemented into the jail break FW soon so that at least I can save state my CD games when playing them periodically so if lockups like this occur, I've not wasted 40min of game play in the process.

See what I'm up to over at the Ivory Tower Collections: http://www.youtube.com/ivorytowercollections