Sabertooth

image.png

Release Date: TBD

Retail: TBD

Developer(s): Way Forward

Publisher: Atari

Official Site

Synopsis

From the renowned development studio WayForward Technologies, Inc. (Shantae, River City Girls, Advance Wars 1+2: Re-Boot Camp) comes Yars Rising, a 2D action adventure exploration of one of Atari’s richest, and best known classic titles.

In WayForward’s experienced hands, the Yars franchise becomes an expansive mystery solved through 2D platforming action. Take control of the young hacker Emi Kimura, who is hired by a mysterious patron to infiltrate the shadowy QoTech corporation. Run, jump, sneak, and hack your way through challenges as you slowly unravel a complex secret shrouded in intrigue.

On 6/10/2024 at 8:57 AM, Sabertooth said:

A demo of Yars Rising is available on Steam. I checked it out this morning. My feeling is that this will be the most divisive Atari re-imagining yet.

Have you played the demo yet? What are your thoughts?

Well, no one said that the demo was for a limited time only, so I only got a chance to play for a few minutes.  Now I have to pre-order the game to continue to play the demo, but I already bought a game off Steam and I'm not gonna pay to be Wayforward's beta tester so off my hard drive it goes...

Gameplay is ok I suppose but you can tell they made this game for teenage girls, or what game developers think girls talk like with insipid dialog that's suppose to be funny but isn't.  Turning off the voices would be great!

Edited by MistaMaddog

On 6/10/2024 at 1:57 PM, Sabertooth said:

Have you played the demo yet? What are your thoughts?

I don't use Steam and I believe that is the only place to get the demo.  But I've watched genXgrownup's livestream and some other videos of it.  I'm a big Yars fan but I'm not feeling it for this one, I've had very mixed feelings about all the re-imagined stuff so far.