Join the World of Atari!

Sign In or Create Your Atari I/O Account to join the party! Membership is always free! Gain full access to an amazing new retrogaming community with UNLIMITED member features, weekly high score championships, and prizes. Join other friendly retrogamers as we celebrate nostalgia & classic games, from Atari to Nintendo, Sega, TurboGrafx-16 and beyond!

Photo

Mr. Do! Meant something to me......

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 MaximumRD

MaximumRD

MST3K Fan

• 1,061 posts

Posted 12 May 2016 - 05:58 PM

Mr. Do! for Colecovision. Perhaps not as accurate or arcade perfect compared to other ports but still my personal Favorite version for a reason.  So much so when I got the Atarimax cart I sold / traded / gave away the remainder of my original carts however THIS ONE I kept because though only a loose cartridge it is in perfect condition BUT MORE THEN THAT back in the day my mother and I would compete, one of the few videogames she got into but she got good, we both did, to the point where it was not just what the high score was but how many times you rolled it before landing the high score. When I got home from school she always had a new high score for me to beat lol. Mom died a few years ago much to young from lung cancer so I keep it for sentimental reasons as well, RIP mom. :)

NOT MY VIDEO 

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC00089.JPG

• Justin, The Professor, greenween and 12 others like this

Bah-weep-Graaaaagnah wheep ni ni bong.

I am Rob aka MaximumRD aka OldSchoolRetroGamer
and THIS is my world http://about.me/maximumrd
ON the FACEBOOK? Well have I got the Classic Gaming / Computing group for you!

;) https://www.facebook...ximumrdclassic/

#2 kamakazi20012

kamakazi20012

Pear Member

• 1,198 posts

Posted 12 May 2016 - 06:25 PM

I have that same connection to my 5200 and it's version of Centipede for that same reason as it was the only game my Mother and I would share together the most.  I never knew that Mr. Do! was on the Colecovision.  

• MaximumRD, StormSurge, AlamoAtari and 1 other like this

#3 RickR

RickR

The Don

• 5,277 posts

Posted 12 May 2016 - 10:38 PM

That's a great story.  You are lucky.  Sadly, my parents never played video games.  However, I'm always thankful that they purchased the system and games. 

• MaximumRD, Retrogamer81081 and Lost Dragon like this

#4 Justin

Justin

The Shah of Atari

• Administrator
  • 1,838 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 02:57 AM

Unfortunately in my family we had "Uncle Don't"  :pile:

• MaximumRD and Lost Dragon like this

#5 Lost Dragon

Lost Dragon

Banana Member

• 2,942 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 06:15 AM

Fantastic story and very sorry to hear of your mothers passing my friend.

I loved Mr Do! (well still do, no pun intended).

Played it 1st as a coin-op, fell in love there and then, picked it up on A8, played for hours, then tracked down the C64 version when i switched formats...

Years later bought a second hand SNES for Alien III, Choplifter III and Mr Do! Run...

the 1st game, cart only £5, the 2nd and 3rd though..boxed....£30 each and i swapped them both years ago with a very good friend, Shinobi, over on RG Forum, as i knew they were going to a very good home.

• MaximumRD likes this

#6 Retrogamer81081

Retrogamer81081

Apple Member

• 562 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 04:52 PM

Absolutley a great story Rob and thank you so much for sharing. :) I am very sorry your mom passed away :( Cancer sucks!
  • MaximumRD, greenween, Atari Adventure Square and 1 other like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users