Join the World of Atari!

Sign In or Create Your Atari I/O Account to join the party! Membership is always free! Gain full access to an amazing new retrogaming community with UNLIMITED member features, weekly high score championships, and prizes. Join other friendly retrogamers as we celebrate nostalgia & classic games, from Atari to Nintendo, Sega, TurboGrafx-16 and beyond!

Photo

Centuri Aztarac: Finding THE Arcade Holy Grail

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Ballblaɀer

Ballblaɀer

Defender

• 465 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 04:55 PM

Quite a story.  And somehow I'd forgotten about this title, as much as I love color vector games!

Centuri Aztarac: Finding THE Arcade Holy Grail (arcadeblogger.com)

Let me start by saying that this is the most amazingly poignant tale I’ve come across in arcade collecting circles. I’ve written before about incredible rare arcade “finds” that have happened over the years, including the yarn about the Sundance cabinet found in a long-abandoned building, and of course the epic Fun Ship raid.

But this story tops even those.

• Justin, The Professor, RickR and 2 others like this

#2 Lost Dragon

Lost Dragon

Banana Member

• 2,942 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 06:23 PM

Fantastic story. Man just finding 1 of the coin-op's ever made would of been amazing (i love fishbowl view stuff, let alone Vector games), but to find like THE CABINET, only played once, owned by man himself and to find it literally just in the nick of time... Odds on that? Mindblowing. Huge thanks for bringing this to the community. Crackin read, just really was,

• The Professor likes this

#3 RickR

RickR

The Don

• 4,781 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 06:35 PM

WOW! 

I really wonder how a game could be played only 1 time, and it doesn't work at all?  Were those things that delicate? 

But what an amazing story. 

• The Professor and Lost Dragon like this

#4 Atari Creep

Atari Creep

Pretzel Member

• 469 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 11:13 PM

Great stuff here!!!!

• The Professor and Lost Dragon like this

Don't just watch TV, PLAY IT!

#5 The Professor

The Professor

• 1,031 posts

Posted 21 January 2017 - 04:28 AM

Great read! This is the sort of blog article we live for!
  • Lost Dragon likes this

#6 prOk

prOk

• 6 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 09:45 PM

For those of you interested in this story, the whole story including the people involved in this incredible find will be doing a presentation and reveal of the Aztarac in it's full working glory at Free Play Florida november 17-19 2017.   I am one of the founders and operators of the event, hope to see some of you there!

• Justin, RickR, Lost Dragon and 1 other like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users