Recharged Squad Challenge 029 - Neo Sprint

squad_challenge_text_purple_flat_w_logo.

Neo Sprint
ATARI VCS
Controller: MODERN CONTROLLER / CLASSIC CONTROLLER / PLAYER'S CHOICE
Difficulty Level: Free Race/Sloane's Duel/Easy
Play on: Real Hardware ✔
Squad Challenge ends 11:59 pm PST July 31, 2024

Objective

Play for the best possible time using the difficulty settings defined in the challenge. Post a photo or YouTube video of your score in this thread. Scores must be achieved between July 4 through July 31, 2024. Screen captures are not allowed as they are more easily manipulated for falsified scores. Multiple submissions are permitted. The player with the best time at the end of the competition is the victor!

Eligibility

This is a Club VCS Exclusive Challenge. All Club VCS players are welcome!

Play Rules

This is a VCS exclusive challenge.  Play on a VCS! Choosing which controller to play on is part of formulating your strategy. Enhancements, rewinds and hacked versions of this game are not allowed.

Difficulty Level

We are playing Neo Sprint for the Atari VCS!  Play single player "Free Race" and select "Sloane's Duel."  Race using default settings!

Fair Play

Your integrity is everything. Players should play fairly, be honest, and have fun! Falsified scores will result in your immediate removal from the site. It goes without saying that we will not allow cheats, hacks, cartridge frying, enhancements, rewinds, deceitful photo manipulation, subterfuge, or any other unfair advantage. Everybody hates a cheater.

More

To review detailed rules on how to play, please visit the High Score Squad page here: 

Start your engines!

Welcome to our 29th Club VCS Recharged Squad Challenge!!! For this challenge, we're playing Neo Sprint from Atari!   Neo Sprint is a revival of Atari's "Sprint" series of single screen, overhead racers.  The game was originally released to limited early access on the VCS last October.  After much improvement, the game received a full launch on June 27, 2024 across all modern platforms!

We are playing Free Race, "Sloane's Duel" under default settings!  Pick the care of your choice, race for the best time and post your race results!  The fastest time wins!

Note: Sloane's Duel is the first "boss" track of the game.  Some players may need to unlock it in Campaign Mode to access it  Free Play.

Club VCS Recharged Squad Contest

This game is the seventh title in our sixth Club VCS contest giveaway! This time we're going a full 12 rounds with the winner announced in January 2025!  Prize details are linked here.

1)  All challenge participants will receive one (1) entry for each challenge in which they submit a valid score!

2) The top scorer of each challenge will receive two (2) additional entries - for a total of three (3) entries in a single challenge!

3) On Twitch or Youtube?  Stream or record and post your ClubVCS high score attempt for one (1) additional entry in each round.  You must post a public link to the video in the Challenge.

This contest is open to everybody, including Atari I/O Moderators, with a U.S. or Canada  mailing address. It's really easy, all you have to do is participate be a Club VCS member and participate in our Recharged Squad Challenges.

large.atari_league_world_championships_150.gif

Edited by Sabertooth

Posted (edited)

Here's a quick guide to getting started in the challenge by navigating the following menu settings:

Race Now:

RACE NOW.jpg

Single Player:

SINGLE PLAYER.jpg

Free Race:

FREE RACE.jpg

Neo Sprint Tracks:

NEOSPRINT TRACKS.jpg

Sloane's Duel:

SLOANS DUEL.jpg

Race Settings (use default):

RACE SETTINGS.jpg

Complete the race and post the Race Results screen!

RACE RESULTS.jpg

Edited by Sabertooth

Posted (edited)

RECHARGED CHALLENGE BONUS.png

One of the coolest things about NEO SPRINT is the robust track builder.  We could not host a NEO SPRINT challenge without exploring this feature.  In a Recharged Squad Challenge first, we're awarding one bonus entry to members who build and share a track during the challenge!  Up to two bonus entries per member.  Here's how to play:

TRACK BUILDING BONUS (1 bonus entry max):

- Build and share a track in Neo Sprint AND name the track using your CLUB VCS handle (or variation) so that we know that it's your track (EX: Saber's Tooth)

- Share the track here in the forums by posting a picture

RACE A MEMBER TRACK BONUS (1 bonus entry max):

- Race a shared member track and post a screen shot of the race results with the name of the track

Edited by Sabertooth

22 minutes ago, Smell Dawg said:

I’m having more fun with this than anticipated, ha.  Here’s a custom track for those after the bonus points!

”Smell Dawg-Bone”

IMG_4641.jpeg

Awesome! The track builder is fun. I started making a custom track for the challenge, but thought it would be cool to see what everyone comes up with. I'll have to take this one for a spin when I get home.

default_pole_position_blimp_big.gifCongratulations SMELL DAWG!

Congratulations @Smell Dawg! He takes the checkered flag in our Neo Sprint Recharged Squad Challenge!

@Smell Dawg mastered Sloane's Duel, turning in a top time of 0:54.20!  @Mockduck takes the second place on the podium with 0:57.90!  @RickR rounds out the winner's circle with 1.01.66!  (I inexplicably didn't post my time for Sloane's Duel - it's been a heck of a month. 😉)

Congratulations to all of our racers! 

As the winner of this round, Smell Dawg will receive three entries in the Giveaway!

Everyone else will receive one entry.

But that's not all! We have some bonus entries to give out!

@Mockduck - Receives one bonus entry for sharing his "Mockduck" track!

@Sabertooth - Receives two bonus entries; one for his track "Saber's Tooth",  and another for trying out member tracks!

@Smell Dawg - Received two bonus points; one for his track "Smell Dawg-Bone", and another for trying out member tracks!

In the final tally, @Smell Dawg gets 5 entries, @Mockduck receives two entries, @Sabertooth received two entries, and @RickR receives one entry!

I'd like to encourage @Smell Dawg to post this high score on the Scoreboard so we can make sure this Challenge continues on!

How did you like Neo Sprint?  Personally, I had more fun with the track builder than the racing, but that's me. 😉

image.png

NOTE: Series Five of the Recharged Squad Challenge  continues with Dragon's Havoc!  Be There!

large.atari_league_world_championships_150.gif.1477e13df3b11a4b12f5c8b15459a89f.gif