Nintendo Could be Launching a Nationwide Retail Chain Inspired by the Apple Store

Arenafoot

Brian Matherne - owner/curator of "The MOST comprehensive list of Atari VCS/2600 homebrews ever compiled." http://tiny.cc/Atari2600Homebrew

author of "The Atari 2600 Homebrew Companion" book series available on Amazon! www.amazon.com/author/brianmatherne

Good post Arena. I was at Nintendo World just prior to their announcement that they were renovating the format to become Nintendo NY. (I always liked the Nintendo World name, come to the forums when you're logged out and you'll see ^_^ )

The name "Nintendo NY" certainly lends itself to the idea of multiple Nintendo stores in different cities. I suspect it won't be to the extent of what the Apple Store is or what Atari Adventure had wanted to become, with hundreds of stores in hundreds of malls and shopping centers across America. My guess is, at least in the beginning, there will be stores in the world's major cities; NY, LA, Chicago, Toronto, London, Paris, Tokyo, plus Universal Studios theme parks.

This could of course grow in number as Nintendo expands its product line, say beyond consoles and into the mobile device market. It will be interesting to see what they do.

:nintendo_mario_dr_mario:

I think it is a nice idea and great way for Nintendo to try to regain more fans...even fans that once were Nintendo fans.  I am a fan still but I stopped buying Nintendo products once the DS got its multiple redesigns and also when the Wii debuted.  Sorry Wii fans but the console just didn't impress me much.  That console also looked extremely horrible on an HDTV.  It really could have used an HDMI output port.

I love the GameCube and previous systems that Nintendo produced.  I enjoy most of the games that Nintendo still continues to produce like Mario, Donkey Kong, Metroid, and Zelda.  I'd be lying if I said that those games didn't matter as they did and still do.  And all of those games are very much kid-friendly which is something other modern consoles (360/PS3/One/PS4) can't really say.  

Would I visit a Nintendo store?  Oh **** yea!!  Would I buy anything?  That would depend on what I seen that made me just have to buy a new Nintendo console to play a game I tried that I liked.  Mario Maker comes close but not to warrant me purchasing a $300 console for a single game.  Then again I have sort of stopped keeping up with Nintendo's works for a few years now so I might actually be missing something.  I think a Nintendo store chain would be a very cool thing.  I don't know of any console manufacturer that did it.  Then again I lived in a place that was often behind times so it could be that there were a few I just didn't hear about them.

Archived