Atari SC1224 monitor (worth it?)

MalakZero

Saw this guy available on craigslist and was thinking about picking it up for my XEGS. They're asking $50 for it, said it turns on and makes its startup sound but no further testing was done.  Anyone here know much about Atari computer monitors?   Anything I should look out for? Is this a good price for it, etc?

post-1006-0-99909200-1464825367.jpg

post-1006-0-72101800-1464825368.jpg

"Mmmrrrrrrhhhh.....game.....gooooood....."

Rick is correct, that monitor was for Atari's 16bit ST line of computers. Since XEGS was marketed primarily for gaming I believe it uses the old RF cable to coaxial switchbox or I think from what I could find online composite RCA connections for displays that accept that type of input. IF you plan on getting the lightgun your only option is an older CRT as well but otherwise any display that accepts RF or Composite for a better option.

I am Rob aka MaximumRD aka OldSchoolRetroGamer and THIS is my world http://about.me/maximumrd

"For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday."

- M. Bison

I think this was made for the ST computers.  Not sure what inputs it might have that are compatible with the XEGS.

Rick is correct, that monitor was for Atari's 16bit ST line of computers. Since XEGS was marketed primarily for gaming I believe it uses the old RF cable to coaxial switchbox or I think from what I could find online composite RCA connections for displays that accept that type of input. IF you plan on getting the lightgun your only option is an older CRT as well but otherwise any display that accepts RF or Composite for a better option.

Thanks for your input, guys. Yes, my XEGS has RF and A/V out so it looks like it would need some modding to play on that thing.....boo..... it would have been fun to have a 100% Atari setup =/ 

"Mmmrrrrrrhhhh.....game.....gooooood....."

Archived