Flex circuit needed.

A31Chris

Guys I can't find the flex circuit listed on B&C anymore. Am I overlooking it or is it somewhere else now?

I'm not sure if it's somewhere else on his page or not, but it looks like Best Electronics might have you covered: http://www.best-electronics-ca.com/lynx.htm#Lynx%20II

A quote from that page:

"Steve P. of the UK  Steve contacted Best Electronics looking for the impossible to find Atari Lynx II internal Flex circuit.  Best sent Steve a New Atari Lynx II internal flex circuit, a new Lynx II Internal Silicon pad set (Best recommended to Steve that he also get the a new Lynx II internal Silicon pad set (other half of the mechanical switch) to get the Max. life out of his Lynx II rebuild), one of Best New Lynx II upgrade internal speakers and a new CX40 rubber boot "

On 2/7/2019 at 3:56 PM, A31Chris said:

He no longer has any and if you still rather rude to deal with. 

That is surprising because I just put a McWill LCD mod into an AA members Lynx like 2 months ago and they needed a replacement flex for their Lynx II as I noticed the power on/off wasn't working very well and once they received it back they stated other buttons started to act up as well. Point is, they were able to get the flex circuit for their Lynx II so did everyone suddenly up and buy them out in the past two months? 

See what I'm up to over at the Ivory Tower Collections: http://www.youtube.com/ivorytowercollections

29 minutes ago, CrossBow said:

That is surprising because I just put a McWill LCD mod into an AA members Lynx like 2 months ago and they needed a replacement flex for their Lynx II as I noticed the power on/off wasn't working very well and once they received it back they stated other buttons started to act up as well. Point is, they were able to get the flex circuit for their Lynx II so did everyone suddenly up and buy them out in the past two months? 

Hi @CrossBow would you be willing to make that mod for me as well? I've always wanted to have a Lynx McWill LCD modded but it's beyond something I want to do myself. Thank you!

4 minutes ago, Justin said:

Hi @CrossBow would you be willing to make that mod for me as well? I've always wanted to have a Lynx McWill LCD modded but it's beyond something I want to do myself. Thank you!

I can, but it isn't cheap. The kits are $120 + shipping alone and then I always advise that the power components and caps be replaced as well. As such there is quite a bit of labor involved so yeah..not cheap. If you have the kit already then naturally that takes a chunk off the costs overall, but still a pricey upgrade to have done.

See what I'm up to over at the Ivory Tower Collections: http://www.youtube.com/ivorytowercollections

8 minutes ago, Justin said:

Shoot me a PM if you want or need more information.

13 minutes ago, CrossBow said:

I can, but it isn't cheap. The kits are $120 + shipping alone and then I always advise that the power components and caps be replaced as well. As such there is quite a bit of labor involved so yeah..not cheap. If you have the kit already then naturally that takes a chunk off the costs overall, but still a pricey upgrade to have done.

Thank you @CrossBow! I understand the costs involved. The McWill screen is beautiful and the results will be worth it to somebody who loves the Lynx and wants a nice reliable unit to play for years to come. I've been looking for somebody trustworthy to perform this mod, I especially like that you'll be recapping the unit and replacing the power components. I have an NOS Lynx I'll be using for this mod. I'll start saving up my ₩oolongs and we can do this sometime this year at a time that is convenient for us both.

:atari_lynx:

Well perhaps when you are ready for this, the other new options teased by BennVenn electronics will be available as well. No real details other than he will be releasing it soon for both Lynx and Game Gears and supposed it costs 1/2 the price of the McWill kit. But again no other details other than words.

10 hours ago, CrossBow said:

Well perhaps when you are ready for this, the other new options teased by BennVenn electronics will be available as well. No real details other than he will be releasing it soon for both Lynx and Game Gears and supposed it costs 1/2 the price of the McWill kit. But again no other details other than words.

Thanks @CrossBow! My first priority is quality and good craftsmanship. If the BennVenn mods are as good or better than McWill that sounds like a great option. Let's see what transpires and we'll move forward soonish. I'm thrilled to see this level of continued development for the Lynx. I always felt it had more life left in it.

Just wanted to give a quick update that I will be receiving a Lynx II with a BennVenn kit that I've been commissioned to install for another AA member. I should be able to provide a good non bias comparison once that is completed. I know that there is a little less labor involved as not as many components are required to be removed on the BennVenn mod as the McWill but ultimately it about the quality of how the games look and that I'm most curious to see. I do know that the BennVenn version does feature something I really like. The ability to adjust brightness on a few different levels using the backlight button plus the same scanlines feature that the McWill has as well. I rarely play my lynx without the scanlines because I do find the display to be a bit bright and using the scanlines feature reduces the brightness down.