FREE Games Thread

RickR

4 hours ago, TrekMD said:

Oh, Towerfall is fun.  I played it on my OUYA.

Edit:  Hmm, I just checked and the game that is showing up is SuperHot.  I don't see Towerfall anywhere as a free game.  The only version I find is $20.

It looks like Towerfall ended this morning.  Sorry!  Keep your eyes out though.  I think they change the free game every day.

On 12/21/2019 at 7:47 AM, RickR said:

More free games at Epic's holiday sale.  Keep checking the link, as they are giving several away throughout the holiday season.  Today's game is Towerfall, which my kids tell me is excellent.  A platformer from the old Ooya system ported to PC. 

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/free-games

Just to alert everybody...today's free game at Epic is "The Talos Principle", which gets really good reviews and is normally priced at $40.  It looks to be a first person puzzle game, similar to Portal.  For me, that sounds awesome, and I'm going to give it a try.

Epic Games is giving away three games for free until Jan 9th.  Two are part of a series.  Darksiders Warmastered Edition and Darksiders II DEATHinitive Edition.  The third game is a snowboarding game called Steep.  I'm not familiar with Steep but it looks interesting.  All three games are for PC and require the Epic Games Launcher app to be installed on the end user's system.

I have played both Darksiders on the 360 and have enjoyed them immensely.  I never completed the first one yet but I have completed the second one.  These were free games as part of XBOX's Games With Gold with the second being free before the first one.  That is why I played Darksiders II before Darksiders but I recommend doing it the other way.  These games offer a well balanced mix of hack n slash with challenging puzzles and boss battles that follow an interesting story.  I highly recommend them.   

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/

If you go here, scroll down a bit, there are two free games with Just Cause 4 being one of them.  Just Cause 4 is a really good game and something that can keep you busy while being stuck at home.  I haven't heard of, nor played, the other one yet.

On a side note:  Epic Games has been giving away lots of games.  It changes about every two weeks.  Since my previous post (above) I've managed to nab 30 games in total from them.  They also have a few free-to-play games as well including Fortnite.  

You might have to download and install their launcher (which is no different than what one has to do with Steam) but it's worth it for free games.  

26 minutes ago, kamakazi20012 said:

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/

If you go here, scroll down a bit, there are two free games with Just Cause 4 being one of them.  Just Cause 4 is a really good game and something that can keep you busy while being stuck at home.  I haven't heard of, nor played, the other one yet.

On a side note:  Epic Games has been giving away lots of games.  It changes about every two weeks.  Since my previous post (above) I've managed to nab 30 games in total from them.  They also have a few free-to-play games as well including Fortnite.  

You might have to download and install their launcher (which is no different than what one has to do with Steam) but it's worth it for free games.  

I've found that if I leave the Epic app up and running, it will actually notify me of the free games as they are made available.  It's pretty sweet.  Thanks for sharing.