Some of my 5200 vids :)

Willie!

I love my 5200, I really need to upgrade my controllers, thanks for sharing your videos!!

I installed those little snap domes that are used in the atari 2600 inside my 5200 controller! It works so great now and it actually feels like a proper button press instead of like mush.

WHOA that is cool Kid! Did you think of that yourself? Is that your own build? How'd you come up with that??

I was looking for parts for 5200 controllers and i saw this pic:

cx52-3.gif

this from the Best electronics website:

"This is a Very rare prototype Atari CX52 Joystick Flex Circuit.  It uses the same type of Crinkle dome contact switches as used on the original Atari CX40 Joystick internal PCB board.  Unfortunately this prototype sample Flex circuit does not work properly, so it was never used on CX52 Joysticks.  Very few Atari people outside of Atari Engineering have ever seen this Rare one of a kind Prototype Atari 5200 Flex Circuit."

I though about it and i asked myself, "why would it NOT work?"so i took one of my extra 5200 controls, installed some crinkle domes, and tested it. It works so well, its amazing! ZERO problems with this controller since ive installed them.

I though about it and i asked myself, "why would it NOT work?"so i took one of my extra 5200 controls, installed some crinkle domes, and tested it. It works so well, its amazing! ZERO problems with this controller since ive installed them.

That is incredibly cool! Great work! How many did you make?

Archived