[Pick-up] Boxes for homebrews and prototypes

socrates63

I ordered from an AtariAge user some boxes for cartridges that were released without them -- four for 2600 games and four for 5200 games (Battlezone was an unexpected freebie). These boxes weren't cheap (14 euros a pop), but the quality is there, so I'm happy with them. They also came with inserts for 2600 cartridges (not shown). I currently only have Kabobber and Astro Grover 2 but I intend to get carts for the remaining boxes in the near future. I'm probably not alone in this, but I like boxes on the shelf and usually collect CIB games if I can.

DSC07104.JPG

DSC07105.JPG

Edited by socrates63
correct factual error

2 hours ago, socrates63 said:

I'm probably not alone in this, but I like boxes on the shelf and usually collect CIB games if I can.

I'm the same way, IF they're the same price. The game store I frequent often has loose and CIB 2600 games for the same price. If they're any more expensive, I'll buy them loose. I don't have the funds to constantly be paying extra for games I'm going to buy regardless.

Wow, same price for loose and CIB? Either the loose carts are expensive there or the CIB games are dirt cheap, and I'm guessing it's the latter.

I got into buying 2600 games before I had an Atari console, and it started because of Immortal John Hancock's videos. He has shelves of 2600 games all nice and purty 🌷. I then got into the Art of Atari book and attended the author's panel at PRGE. I've started to appreciate the box and art as much as I do the game itself.

7 minutes ago, socrates63 said:

Wow, same price for loose and CIB? Either the loose carts are expensive there or the CIB games are dirt cheap, and I'm guessing it's the latter.

It's kind of both. About $5 for each. Not a terrible price for a loose game, but no where near the prices you get in bulk lots. I don't like to buy things online. I like to be able to see the games in person. I think it's worth the extra dollar or two. Plus, I have most of the common carts you see in 95% of the lots, so it's actually a little cheaper this way. I don't like duplicates.