KC Operating System

Mr SQL

KC_Operating_System.jpg.7acf3247f184935364ab902fa9465ad3.jpg

KC Operating System is being released in December at the SillyVenture 2020 Atari Art Competition! 🙂 

Preview vid: 

KC Operating System Demo description: launching the OS  I enter the KC Playah zone and a classic but faster version of KC begins - I take over the AI periodically playing this demo cooperatively with the CPU until I've exhausted KC's four lives. This queues the scrolling KC Demo KC Munchkin II R2, which I could play cooperatively but don't so it is shown playing in pure demo mode. I press the button to return to the Operating System and navigate to the Arkanoid Airhead zone where KC spins in an Arkanoid scroller.

ATARI FLASHBACK BASIC! Make games for the AFP with awesome  graphics, animation and a built in tracker/sequencer! Compatible with all Atari consoles! The IDE is already installed on your PC! Atari Flashback BASIC is cross compatible with the SuperCharger too! :)

AFB games can be recompiled with no changes using the SuperCharger BASIC compiler, available at Relationalframework.com/vwBASIC

On 1/8/2021 at 2:37 AM, Jinroh said:

Dunno how I missed this, but that is both trippy and clever! I always loved the look of your engine. 😄

Thanks Jinroh I'm glad you like it! 🙂  

I wanted to release KC OS before the show but many of the effects look best on a real CRT.

SillyVenture 2020 has been postponed until June but I've shared preview builds with the Game Modem club for players who enjoy using the old hardware:

GameModem_club.jpeg.dc8a8457292770880cb7ee406ca97467.jpeg

ATARI FLASHBACK BASIC! Make games for the AFP with awesome  graphics, animation and a built in tracker/sequencer! Compatible with all Atari consoles! The IDE is already installed on your PC! Atari Flashback BASIC is cross compatible with the SuperCharger too! :)

AFB games can be recompiled with no changes using the SuperCharger BASIC compiler, available at Relationalframework.com/vwBASIC

KC_OS_RC7_SuperCharger.zip  Love the music and technology art in these videos! 🙂 

Edited by Mr SQL

On 11/12/2021 at 11:10 AM, Yurkie said:

Could you share the binary so it can be ran on the Harmony cart please. I love the videos but would love to run it on my console at home.

Sure! 🙂 

KC_OS_RC7_4PartHarmony.bin