Club VCS Recharged Squad Challenge Giveaway (SERIES TWO)

Sabertooth

We just closed our very first Recharged Squad Challenge Giveaway!  @Yorkies TV was the lucky winner of a Classic Joystick Controller.  But we're not going to stop there.  One more controller is up for grabs! 

THE SERIES TWO RECHARGED SQUAD CHALLENGE GIVEAWAY

RSC SERIES 2.jpg

From August 1, 2022 to December 31, 2022 we will play five VCS games.  After the last game, we will hold a drawing for a brand new Atari VCS Modern Controller!

For this series, we're applying some lessons learned from the first round AND providing even more chances to win!

Here are the rules:

1)  All challenge participants will receive one (1) entry for each challenge in which they submit a valid score!

2) The top scorer of each challenge will receive two (2) additional entries - for a total of three (3) entries in a single challenge!

3) On Twitch or Youtube?  Stream or record and post your ClubVCS high score attempt for one (1) additional entry in each round.  You must post a link to the video link to that month's Recharged Squad Challenge. 

BUT ARE THERE BUTTONS? 

Yes! We've made another set of ClubVCS buttons to celebrate the games in this series. There will be two ways to get a button set.

1) Win a challenge.

2) Post a valid score to all challenges in the 5 game series.

Only one button set will be mailed per member during the series.

This contest is open to everybody, including Atari I/O Moderators, with a U.S. or Canada mailing address. It's really easy, all you have to do is be a Club VCS member in good standing and participate in our Recharged Squad Challenges.

9 hours ago, RickR said:

COOL!  There's two there that I was going to purchase soon.  One I already own...and that last one..I'm not familiar with it but it looks like fun.  Thank you!  Nicely done as usual. 

Thanks, Rick. I hope that we'll see you on the scoreboards!

The last one - Jetboard Joust - is at the top of my list for VCS recommendations.  Here's a link to a blog post I did on it.

3 hours ago, Sabertooth said:

I will be tabulating entries for the second giveaway this week.  The winner of the Modern Controller will be announced at a time TBD.

We're also hosting our third ClubVCS giveaway. The first game is VCTR-SCTR and is live now!

Glad you are doing a third one sabertooth, and what a game to start it out with. Hopefully we can recruit some more of the many new vcs players

Here are the contest entry totals for all rounds.  You can see the games, players and entries awarded per round in the table below.

@Davpa with 2 entries

@D.joe with 4 entries

@Mockduck with 6 entries

@RickR with 3 entries

@Sabertooth with 8 entries

@stirrell with 5 entries

@Stlrs95 with 1 entry

@tripled with 7 entries

@Yorkies TV with 3 entries

The total number of entries is 39.  If anyone wishes to withdraw from the giveaway, please send me a private message by Sunday, January 22, 11:59 pm PST. 

image.png

Edited by Sabertooth

PSA:  Our Series Two giveaway winner will be announced in an upcoming episode of Atari Newsline by @Ballistik! Be sure to keep your eyes on Ballistik's awesome YouTube channel and check it out if you're not already a subscriber!

https://youtube.com/@ballistik_coffee_boy

Thanks to Ballistik for helping with the announcement and getting the word out about ClubVCS and our challenge!

On this Atari Newsline, Atari IO's Club VCS Recharged Squad Challenge (Series 2) Winner Announced! Plus: A look at Atari Oddities, including a hilarioius video by my buddy Chris++ (posted by our friend Bally Alley) that he made almost 10 years ago, featuring "Sneak & Peek," which I talked about in my recent 'Atari Oddities!' special on BCB. Come watch this funny video, learn all about Atari IO & Club VCS & the Recharged Challenges & more!

Congratulations to @RickR! As the winner of the ClubVCS Recharged Squad Challenge drawing, Rick will recieve a brand new VCS Modern Controller! Well done, Rick!

Participation counts folks!

And an extra special thank you to @Ballistik for including this announcement in the Atari Newsline! Thank you so much for helping us get the word out! 🙏

Finally, a huge thank you to everyone who participated in the challenge. This is a labor of love and all for the fun of Atari. We appreciate you sharing the celebration with us! Looking forward to playing some great games in Series Three!

Edited by Sabertooth

Anytime @Sabertooth! My pleasure! I'm also going to try to join this current series 3 and see what I can do. I truly think this is a great place for VCS fans & players. Here's hoping I helped get the word out on the great work you've done here, too! We appreciate YOU! For what you do for the VCS Community! Onwards & Upwards!

BB