Recharged Squad Challenge 007 - Yars: Recharged

Sabertooth

default_pole_position_blimp_big.gifCongratulations JOE!

Congratulations to @Joe, the winner of our Yars: Recharged Squad Challenge! 💥:yars_revenge:

@Joe returns to the top spot on the Squad Challenge podium with a phenomenal 1st Place score of 128,700! I blasted enough Qotile to take second with 104,340.  @Mockduck used his Zorlon cannon to great effect and took third with 86,010.  @tripled and @RickR rounded out the Final Standings with solid showings of 75,680 and 40,810, respectively.

As the winner of this round @Joewill receive a set of Recharged Squad buttons and 3 entries in the controller giveaway! I will receive two entries since I posted one of my attempts via YouTube.  Everyone else will receive one entry!

I'd like to encourage @Joe to post his high score on the Scoreboard, and let's make sure this Challenge continues on!

Thanks also to @Marco1019 for getting the word out about this challenge! 

Congratulations to Joe on his big win!  And a big congratulations to the rest of the Squad!  Yars: Recharged really is a great homage to the HSW original and does a terrific job updating the concept for a new generation.  I hope that everyone had a blast trying it out!

NOTE: Our next Recharged Squad Challenge is DONUT DODO! Be there!

large.atari_league_world_championships_150.gif.1477e13df3b11a4b12f5c8b15459a89f.gif

image.png

Edited by Sabertooth

1 minute ago, Mockduck said:

Nice! I have to admit that having to re-do the early stages over and over kinda burned me out on this one, and I was never able to get close to beating that 85K....

It would be cool if you could start at your last completed level without health and time bonuses... something like the approach in Tempest.