Polymega x Atari VCS

Sabertooth

Atari announced a strategic partnership with Polymega for software and hardware.

"The partnership includes strategic initiatives that will provide support for Atari games on Polymega hardware and software and integration between Polymega and the Atari VCS.

The Atari VCS will add support for the Polymega App and the Polymega Remix add-on. This will effectively provide all of the functionality of a Polymega console to Atari VCS owners."

Full press release:

https://www.globenewswire.com/news-release/2023/07/05/2699989/0/en/Atari-Announces-Strategic-Collaboration-with-Playmaji-Inc.html

I didn't even know that the Polymega was still around. I first heard of it in one of the Metal Jesus Rocks videos. If this collaboration will extend the capabilities and content of the VCS, I'm on board.

As for the Polymega hardware itself, I've given up on trying to play everything on my 4K TV. For older consoles, I prefer to play on the original hardware on a CRT. While in concept the Polymega looks pretty neat, I don't have a practical use for it, and given how much it costs, I don't see myself getting one just to check out what looks to be a cool machine.

I only got the VCS because it came down in price and I loved its physical design and wanted one for that alone. Its utility was a distant second in deciding to get one considering pretty much all of the VCS content is multi platform. But I love the enthusiasm of the folks in the I/O for the Atari VCS. That's the reason why I broke the seal and hooked it up and played it. I had originally considered keeping it sealed in the box or for display only.