The Empire Strikes Back: Commodore 64 vs Commodore Plus/4 real Hardware Showdown C64 Plus4

MaximumRD

Today we compare the ported Commodore Plus/4 version (2023) to the original Commodore 64 fan version (2022) on real hardware. How will the Plus/4 hold up against the superior C64? Let's find out.

I am Rob aka MaximumRD aka OldSchoolRetroGamer and THIS is my world http://about.me/maximumrd

"For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday."

- M. Bison

Very impressive for the Plus/4!  But still, you have to wonder WTF Commodore was thinking.  No advancement at all over the C64.  What was the point?  It reminds me of Mattel and the Aquarius...a machine that was more primitive than every other computer on the market at the time of its release.  It was such a competitive market, and they showed up to a gun fight with a stick. 

I saw the plus 4 OR C16 in person, were they U only? Also, I thought those machines were both cost-cutting alternatives to the C64. Yeah maybe pointless overall but I have to say O love the colororing of the C16 over the Biege 64. But again I am not too knowledgeable of those machines. 

cc16.jpg

Edited by MaximumRD

I am Rob aka MaximumRD aka OldSchoolRetroGamer and THIS is my world http://about.me/maximumrd

"For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday."

- M. Bison